Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ammo prices

Options
  • 10-07-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

hi all i am looking to find the cheapest ammo prices for a .22 hornet and a
    .22 magnum can anyone help cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

there seems to be a shortage of .22 ammo, I have phoned 5 different dealers in the south, east and west, all having problems getting .22 subs.

The usual story I am getting is the shortage is due to the Americans and their wars, i'm onto a dealer now and going to stock up on a few k rounds which thankfully he has still, well, he had, ha, now i have them.

If you can get them, buy loads,

Remington approx €5.50
    Eley approx €7.50
    Winchester approx €6.00

These are a few of the prices I was quoted, someone else out there might have a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

medicman wrote: »
    The usual story I am getting is the shortage is due to the Americans and their wars, i'm onto a dealer now and going to stock up on a few k rounds which thankfully he has still, well, he had, ha, now i have them.

Remington approx €5.50
    Eley approx €7.50
    Winchester approx €6.00

QUOTE]

Sounds like the biggest load of shiet.That the US would need.22 subs in the sandpits.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

there seems to be a shortage of .22 ammo, I have phoned 5 different dealers in the south, east and west, all having problems getting .22 subs.

Remington approx €5.50
    Eley approx €7.50
    Winchester approx €6.00

These are a few of the prices I was quoted, someone else out there might have a better price.

medicman cork angling out by the kinsale rd roundabout have eley subs

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

I agree, but I think what they are saying is that the ammo producers are not making the .22 in as great a quantity as they were before, all materials going for the heavy ammo the army needs.
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Remington approx €5.50
    Eley approx €7.50
    Winchester approx €6.00

QUOTE]

Sounds like the biggest load of shiet.That the US would need.22 subs in the sandpits.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Check some of the US shooting boards,or wallymart [Walmart],if there is ANY shortage of any paticular brand or calibre,you WILL hear about it over there.The "shortages" have been sofar 308 ,223,9mm,45ACP,and 7.62X39.But nothing seriously long term.This was partially due too to the Obamadrama becoming Prez and everyone panicing over his anti gun policies,not to mind the sandpits demands.Same story with "tacticool semi rifles".Spoken to four makers of them over there and they state they can match and dispatch orders to the market within 10 days.Even with US military contracts...
    TBH this US war in Afghnstan/Iraq excuse is now wearing very thin!
    There are plenty of other ammo makers in Europe who can supply .22 subs.
    More like Irish gundealers,not being botherd anymore to order stocks in.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Check some of the US shooting boards,or wallymart [Walmart],if there is ANY shortage of any paticular brand or calibre,you WILL hear about it over there.The "shortages" have been sofar 308 ,223,9mm,45ACP,and 7.62X39.But nothing seriously long term.This was partially due too to the Obamadrama becoming Prez and everyone panicing over his anti gun policies,not to mind the sandpits demands.Same story with "tacticool semi rifles".Spoken to four makers of them over there and they state they can match and dispatch orders to the market within 10 days.Even with US military contracts...
    TBH this US war in Afghnstan/Iraq excuse is now wearing very thin!
    There are plenty of other ammo makers in Europe who can supply .22 subs.
    More like Irish gundealers,not being botherd anymore to order stocks in.:rolleyes:

Or haven't got the shillins to make an order!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭gavlaw

Remington approx €5.50
    Eley approx €7.50
    Winchester approx €6.00

QUOTE]

is them prices for mag or hornet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

gavlaw wrote: »
    is them prices for mag or hornet;)

Neither I'ld say!:)

I'm paying €13.50 for a box of 50 .22wmr Winchester Super X's, they're the best option for my rifle.

I've seen .22wmr Hornady the 30 grain high velocity ballistic tips for €22 too expensive IMO.

Neither I'ld say!:)

I'm paying €13.50 for a box of 50 .22wmr Winchester Super X's, they're the best option for my rifle.

I've seen .22wmr Hornady the 30 grain high velocity ballistic tips for €22 too expensive IMO.
    i was thinking that feckin prices of mag and hornet ammo is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

thats a joke, i bought them last week in mallow 12.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Check some of the US shooting boards,or wallymart [Walmart],if there is ANY shortage of any paticular brand or calibre,you WILL hear about it over there.

Yep, I don't believe there is a real shortage. I've been hearing about this over here in the US a lot but I have never had any trouble whatsoever getting the ammo I want.

I can attest to the Obama thing as the main reason when it comes to non-military stuff like .22; I have heard it from a lot of people that they are personally stockpiling ammo because Obama is going to make them put serial numbers on every cartridge , causing the price to skyrocket etc...(nonsense).

When I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, I went to a shooting range, they had loads of cool calibre guns I couldn't try out because they didn't have the ammo: no .50AE, no .357 Magnum, no .44 Magnum. The guy said it was because of a shortage but I can buy that ammo anywhere.

As Tack says they probably can't afford to keep it in stock and don't want to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

hi all i am looking to find the cheapest ammo prices for a .22 hornet and a
    .22 magnum can anyone help cheers
    .22 cci maxi mag JHP 12.50 in tipp i'm off to donegal this sat will i bring you some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

john lambert is after getting in a huge shipment of ammo in .centre and rim fire .

RWS subs ,laupa subs .

He has some great prices on federal at the min

lee70 wrote: »
    .22 cci maxi mag JHP 12.50 in tipp i'm off to donegal this sat will i bring you some.
    theres a dealer here selling them at the same price i was just looking for cheaper ones for a bit of target shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

theres a dealer here selling them at the same price i was just looking for cheaper ones for a bit of target shooting
    why don't you use 22lr rounds i use them for targets they fit in the 22 mag magazine and load most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

lee70 wrote: »
    why don't you use 22lr rounds i use them for targets they fit in the 22 mag magazine and load most of the time.

yes the dont shoot very well out of a .22 mag .low pressure i would think .

i dont think i would get lr roungs with my mag licencebut if they worked and wouldn damage the barrel it would be worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

hi everyone, just wondering would anyone have a price list for .223 ammo, im finding it hard to get prices in euro on the internet thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Anything from €10 to €30 per box of 20 depending on make or brand.

Have you a .223 rifle? Why not enquire at your local dealer?

Welcome aboard also.:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Anything from €10 to €30 per box of 20 depending on make or brand.

Have you a .223 rifle? Why not enquire at your local dealer?

Welcome aboard also.:D

€25 a box for intershoots babies.
    Ballistic tipped Moly coated 55 grain

• Advertisement

thanks for the welcome,yeah just bought a cz 527 in .223, i was in with my local dealer few weeks ago and all he had was remington umc i was just wondering other prices,he said he was getting other stuff in in a week or so, thanks

gunning84 wrote: »
    thanks for the welcome,yeah just bought a cz 527 in .223, i was in with my local dealer few weeks ago and all he had was remington umc i was just wondering other prices,he said he was getting other stuff in in a week or so, thanks

Remington UMC is only average quality ammo.
    Get Accutip or Hornady ammo
    8/10 foxes prefer them ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

gunning84 wrote: »
    ...........,yeah just bought a cz 527 in .223,

Have one myself. Try American Eagle. Most lads will tell you to steer clear as they are a "dirty" or "cheap" round, but they run lovely through the rifle and give the best results immediately.
    ............all he had was remington umc i was just wondering other prices,he said he was getting other stuff in in a week or so, thanks

Have shot them. Decent round. 1/2" to 3/4" groups at 100 yds. Good enough for charlie and Mr Bunny. She (the rifle) should be a 1:12 twist so will like anything from 40gr to 55gr. Hornady are a good bullet, but at €28 per box (or there abouts) not cheap for firing alot.

No matter the bullet, cheap or expensive a good cleaning solves all the issues. If its like mine (and clivej's if i remember correctly) she may not come fully right (broken in wise) for a good few rounds. 150+ or so.

Best of luck with the rifle.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

thanks for the info, ill give a couple of different brands a go and see what suits

Advertisement