Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to kill clover in lawn

Options
  • 10-07-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Hi, anybody got suggestions for something that will kill cloverNon the garden, there's a patch that's getting bigger by the week. Google throws up the word Tryclopyr but it would be nice to identify a product I could pick up in B&Q/Woodies or a garden centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Hi, anybody got suggestions for something that will kill cloverNon the garden, there's a patch that's getting bigger by the week. Google throws up the word Tryclopyr but it would be nice to identify a product I could pick up in B&Q/Woodies or a garden centre.

Great info on clover here and some suggestions of suitable treatment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this came up recently - some people are quite happy to leave clover in the lawn, it's good for soil fertility and can be used as a lawn in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

this came up recently - some people are quite happy to leave clover in the lawn, it's good for soil fertility and can be used as a lawn in itself.

yeah, my lawns a bit like that:( more clover than grass.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Qwerty? wrote: »
    yeah, my lawns a bit like that:( more clover than grass.

my garden is a bit like that as well, I have about 10 large patches of clover on mine. I did think about getting rid of it, but notice this summer that we have had loads of honey bees collecting nectar from the clover flowers. So I'm leaving the clover to grow and doing my bit for wildlife conservation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thanks for the responses, will put one of the suggestions into action this weekend & will report back on progress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement