Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Insurance Options for 52 year old smoking diabetic with high blood pressure?

Options
  • 10-07-2010 11:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

My ma said she looked into it ages ago and said it was too expensive. I don't doubt her but said I'd look into it for her anyway.

Anyone ever take out cover like this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd suggest getting in touch with ERM

http://www.ermfinancialservices.ie/lifeassurance.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

My other half is a Financial advisor and said this would be very expensive, she may get a loading for her diabetes, depending on the type and severity of it and her age and smoker status would send it through the roof.
    My ma said she looked into it ages ago and said it was too expensive. I don't doubt her but said I'd look into it for her anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

There's a very good chance she would be declined cover, at least for a large amounts. Otherwise you are probably talking at least a 150% loading (i.e. additional cost) on smoker rates for life cover and more than likely a decline for specified illness cover.
    No harm to go to a broker and see what he can do for you.

Advertisement