Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a Word

Options
  • 10-07-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Wow, not a word from any of this forum's hackneyed, formerly wordy, quasi-lawyers, its band of righteous pretentious do-gooders, about a certain case in Supreme Court where a certain lady,who whinged about human rights when the tap wasn't running with the appropriately heated water, and who doesn't event bother to turn up to hear the decision, having being represented by Ireland's King Igbo was dismissed.

Deafening the silence. All those boring, misinformed, deluded, wanna-be cosmopolitans, demented arty libertarians and idiot lefties, ranging from a Mayor of Sligo who utterly bankrupted the corporate kudos of a civic reception to those fools who protested on the steps of Sligo Courthouse. I mean how deluded can you be and are?

As for all the hideous propaganda about child mutilation and its direct association with that case etc, anyone associated with the dissemination of that muck should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Back to scrounging out a new cause to sustain their ridiculous meaningless existences to generate some vitality and meaning. If only they could find land-mines in Ballintrillick or a rare anthropoid near the Bohey to campaign about. Alas, this gig's run out of steam.

As for the majority of Boardies, based on the content of debate to date, its back to whining about stores closing down and a lack of bunting on MacSharry Road. Tragic feeble mentalities.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i assume we are talking about the lady who recently lost her right for her and her kids to stay in ireland.

as far as i know there are at least a couple of threads on this across the boards website. if memory serves me correctly there was also a thread on this very board (sligo forum) that may have been locked due to the way it was going, bobcar or fozzle may be able to confirm this.

plus this is a regional forum, with a small community, this development only happened in the last couple of days, those sligo residents with an interest may not have been online to comment

as for my self, dont know enough on the case to have a valid comment

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Wow, not a word from any of this forum's hackneyed, formerly wordy, quasi-lawyers, its band of righteous pretentious do-gooders, about a certain case in Supreme Court where a certain lady,who whinged about human rights when the tap wasn't running with the appropriately heated water, and who doesn't event bother to turn up to hear the decision, having being represented by Ireland's King Igbo was dismissed.

Deafening the silence. All those boring, misinformed, deluded, wanna-be cosmopolitans, demented arty libertarians and idiot lefties, ranging from a Mayor of Sligo who utterly bankrupted the corporate kudos of a civic reception to those fools who protested on the steps of Sligo Courthouse. I mean how deluded can you be and are?

As for all the hideous propaganda about child mutilation and its direct association with that case etc, anyone associated with the dissemination of that muck should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Back to scrounging out a new cause to sustain their ridiculous meaningless existences to generate some vitality and meaning. If only they could find land-mines in Ballintrillick or a rare anthropoid near the Bohey to campaign about. Alas, this gig's run out of steam.

As for the majority of Boardies, based on the content of debate to date, its back to whining about stores closing down and a lack of bunting on MacSharry Road. Tragic feeble mentalities.

Do you really think the above could stimulate a reply of any substance? Maybe Shelly you might wish to know that the structure of your posts is off-putting to many boardsies, especially me. Why dont you read the above, aloud and to yourself, to hear how 'aloof' it sounds.

Pamela and her kids are soon to be deported, rightly, and she has done so much damage to genuine refugee applicants. Big deal, I supported her case untill it was shown up to be a sham. I think it is sad her kids will be taken from the only environment they know.

The whole case is wrong. I feel terrible that her children will now be the real victims of this sorry saga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Do you really think the above could stimulate a reply of any substance? Maybe Shelly you might wish to know that the structure of your posts is off-putting to many boardsies, especially me. Why dont you read the above, aloud and to yourself, to hear how 'aloof' it sounds.

Pamela and her kids are soon to be deported, rightly, and she has done so much damage to genuine refugee applicants. Big deal, I supported her case untill it was shown up to be a sham. I think it is sad her kids will be taken from the only environment they know.

The whole case is wrong. I feel terrible that her children will now be the real victims of this sorry saga.

Actually Shelly is 100% bang on with what he say. The "band of self-righteous pretentious do-gooders" propaganda monkeys that have played rats to her pied piper have done more damage to the cause they were supposedly defending and they dont even realise it - actually I hope they do.

It was obvious to most that she was a bullshíter from the get-go but many were far to "right on" to come out and call it like it was - why? Because they are racists! Yes racists!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Fair play to the powers that be that didn't roll over for the pc crowd, as they knew the truth like we all did. Hopefully the kids won't be too displaced and can be equally happy in their own country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

PC/greens/do gooder labour nuts...

Although its not as well put as could Shelly makes a fair point.

The lying scammer is now on her way to the European courts to try and force us to keep her.

And who is paying for the legal gravy train she is ariding?

Us.

How much do you think this has all cost? Imagine that given to Sligo General or increased garda patrols to keep us safer round the town?

PS given that 95% of these asylum seekers fail to to achieve such and that they travel here via another EU country why is the government not immediately retruning them to their countries of origin? How much are these scammers costing the country? Wouldn't that money go a long way to defraying cuts to civil services? Why is no one speaking up?

I read a great article by a chap Cormac Lucey in the Irish Daily Mail yesterday - I looked for it on the net but can't find it - well worth reading "This tide of fake claims for asylum is an insult to us - and harms real refugees'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Can we get the money back from her, that has her fed, watered and housed and no doubt funded her sham court cases. Money back now and then boot out this illegal.

I doubt she 'll even be charged with fraud and perjury. She 'll instead be funded by you and I to appeal her case to Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Shelly, I agree with all you have said with the exception of the above. I am following this story with great intent as I am very interested in it. However, if you do a quick search of this particular forum you will see that there has been at least one or two threads that have been locked, one of which I started about the whole washing machine and hot water thing. I didn't bother starting a thread here for a few reasons. Last time I tried to have this discussion I was badgered left right and center for not being on the brigade of let her stay, and was called amongst other things a racist, and had a few personal insults thrown at me. I can do without that, so I kept to the thread in politics this time, as there are a few there that are better at articulating their point of view than me.
    irish-stew wrote: »
    plus this is a regional forum, with a small community, this development only happened in the last couple of days, those sligo residents with an interest may not have been online to comment
    See post above Stewie. :D

I say kudos to you Blackie. You are the only person I know who was on the let her stay brigade that paid attention to all the information that was presented, and made a judgment on that. You did change your mind, and I think it was very big of you to so and openly admit it. The rest of the brigade have just slinked away into the distance without a word. even their website has disappeared. A lot of high profile people put their names on the line for her, and ended up embarrassed over it

I wonder if she will stay here for the ECHR hearing, or if she will be deported before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

That's sound Fingers.

Last time I wrote about this (basically, asking the hard questions like where is the evidence for much of the hysteria -- daring to question whether the likes of Philip Boucher-Hayes et al were essentially deluding themselves) the thread was shut down pronto. Got an infraction for even starting this thread!!:eek:

With the exception of a few posters here, just disappointed with the content of discussion, generally, it is just so puerile and po-faced. You can't even have a bit of laugh without seriously sensitivities being stoked up.

Anyways, on a positive let's hope Rover and Boys in Black do a little bit of business over the week.:)

I would just like to personally thank Councillor Veronica Cawley for honouring Pamela with a civic reception on all of our behalf!

Nice one Ronnie, keep the good work up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

Wow, not a word from any of this forum's hackneyed, formerly wordy, quasi-lawyers, its band of righteous pretentious do-gooders....

Deafening the silence. All those boring, misinformed, deluded, wanna-be cosmopolitans, demented arty libertarians and idiot lefties...

Back to scrounging out a new cause to sustain their ridiculous meaningless existences to generate some vitality and meaning...

Tragic feeble mentalities.

You must have been describing yourself when you used the word 'pretentious'.

You must have been describing yourself when you used the word 'pretentious'.

brave, honest, truthful, willing to stick his head above an unpopular "uncool" parapet. They were the words that sprung to my mind with regards his postings to be honest, but not pretentious. Pretension requires someone is adopting an merited or unjustified position, it appears to me that Shelly was right all along and those who choose to brow beat him/her were truly the pretentious mob, not that they would admit to it.

They have done more for the likes of the odious Stormfront and various other right wing groupings in Ireland than anyone could imagine. However, maybe some of the moral high ground will be taken away from the likes of those that defended Pamela so strongly and so long and there can no be a debate about the level of bogus asylum seekers coming to Ireland, most notably from Nigeria, without the colour or their skin or 'race' being brought into the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

brave, honest, truthful, willing to stick his head above an unpopular "uncool" parapet. They were the words that sprung to my mind with regards his postings to be honest, but not pretentious. Pretension requires someone is adopting an merited or unjustified position, it appears to me that Shelly was right all along and those who choose to brow beat him/her were truly the pretentious mob, not that they would admit to it.

They have done more for the likes of the odious Stormfront and various other right wing groupings in Ireland than anyone could imagine. However, maybe some of the moral high ground will be taken away from the likes of those that defended Pamela so strongly and so long and there can no be a debate about the level of bogus asylum seekers coming to Ireland, most notably from Nigeria, without the colour or their skin or 'race' being brought into the equation.

I was implying that his writing style was pretentious because it takes on a very pompous air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

You dont have much of an opinion about anyone....bar yourself obviously. A most unpleasant, possibly unstable post.

Defending someone whom you believe warrants asylum protection is not always motivated by seeking the moral high ground.

If Pamela is sent home she will be officially guaranteed safety by an agreement between Ireland and Nigeria where Ireland gives money for the asylum seeker to be brought back into society.

In one of the most corrupt countries in the world this money is pocketed by the Nigerian Official. The Irish government has NEVER received feedback as to what happenned tehse returned asylum seekers. Clearly they dont care. A box has been ticked. Rape, violence and murder are commonplace among the Nigerian police force.

I would be extremely worried about the welfare of Pamela and her children on their return.

Even though a hundred thousand people have been displaced from the Niger Delta, even though journalists etc are regularly beaten Nigeria is still on the UN "OK" list. Got bless their Oil!

A lot of immigrants from Nigeria dont get asylum becuase if they did people would be forced to look at the causes of much of the human misery there.
    Western Oil companies.

Our concience is clear though. Sure dont we give the Nigerian government cash to protect these people when tehy are sent back.

How you can call that crazy, self righteous, idiotic insulting post that started this thread "brave" and " honest" is mind boggling.

"this forum's hackneyed, formerly wordy, quasi-lawyers, its band of righteous pretentious do-gooders..........All those boring, misinformed, deluded, wanna-be cosmopolitans, demented arty libertarians and idiot lefties.......Back to scrounging out a new cause to sustain their ridiculous meaningless existences to generate some vitality and meaning. If only they could find land-mines in Ballintrillick or a rare anthropoid near the Bohey to campaign about.......As for the majority of Boardies, based on the content of debate to date, its back to whining about stores closing down and a lack of bunting on MacSharry Road. Tragic feeble mentalities.

And the very worst.

"As for all the hideous propaganda about child mutilation"

Nigeria claims Female Genital Mutilation (cutting off the cliterus) is illegal in Nigeria. There has not being one single presecution since the Law was brought in over a decade ago, despite 30% of teh female population being mutilated in this way..

And why is FGM not grounds for asylum in Ireland and other western countries. Because it is illegal in Nigeria.

I saw Shellyriver complaining that she/he got an infraction. That was mild if you ask me

You can't even have a bit of laugh without seriously sensitivities being stoked up.

It is dishonest and cowardly of you to insinuate your intial post was "a bit of a laugh". You accused "the majority of boardsies" of having a "feeble mentality". Your original post is either quite unstable or a serious troll. I think an infraction was very lenient indeed. Did you use your having " a bit of your laugh" mistruth to slither out of a more severe punishment I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Probably best not to engage T Runner. It's banging head off brick wall territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I don't know the rights and wrongs of this case but the OP must be entirely ignorant of the law if he gets so riled up when he believes somebody has lied or misled the courts for personal advantage as far as I can see it is all that happens in the courts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Is this some sort of therapy thread? Hope it is...Glad you got that off your chest? Breathe deeply now...

Isn’t it a shame shelly river turned out to be right that P.Izevbekhai was a fraudulent, perjuring scammer thereby condemning those entitled to asylum from Nigeria to be ridiculed and opened to possible accusation of being the same. And she used her children as a pawn point. Shameful really.

And then there are a couple of points. Where is the direct route from Nigeria to Ireland? Why do we tolerate those wishing to scammer asylum status exploit Dublin 2?

She has done more for racism that stormfront or anyone else and the government, supposedly our representatives acting on our collective behalf paid for it.

T runner wrote: »
    Defending someone whom you believe warrants asylum protection is not always motivated by seeking the moral high ground.

It is before fuller examination of the facts. If not hysterical.

The Irish government has NEVER received feedback as to what happenned tehse returned asylum seekers.

Have you evidence of this?

"As for all the hideous propaganda about child mutilation"

Nigeria claims Female Genital Mutilation (cutting off the cliterus) is illegal in Nigeria. There has not being one single presecution since the Law was brought in over a decade ago, despite 30% of teh female population being mutilated in this way..

And why is FGM not grounds for asylum in Ireland and other western countries. Because it is illegal in Nigeria.

I think the point rightly made by shellyriver was P. Izevbekhai’s emotive exploitation of this mutilation and the lie that she had lost a child to this previously. And made this claim twice only for the first and second claim to be found to be untruthful and without foundation.

It was the basis of her scam.

Unfortunately she will probably neither be charged with perjury nor fraud.

I saw Shellyriver complaining that she/he got an infraction. That was mild if you ask me

An infraction – ban?

Sure wouldn’t liberal do gooders and greens love anyone willing to ask about claims to be banned and opinion censored.

When did liberals become the new Nazis?

• Advertisement

sligopark wrote: »
    She has done more for racism that stormfront or anyone else and the government, supposedly our representatives acting on our collective behalf paid for it.

The state must allow representation for asylum seekers if thats what youre getting at. This is ensured by the UN. Do you objest to this? Sounds like an argument Stormfront might make.

It is before fuller examination of the facts. If not hysterical.

I dont understand what you are taking about here to be honest. Are you saying that no-one should have had an opinion until all the facts were known?

Have you evidence of this?

Yes i have. I have produced it on the politics forum and quite possibly on the closed fora here. If you dont believe me have a look yourself. I have no intention of searching for it again.

I think the point rightly made by shellyriver was P. Izevbekhai’s emotive exploitation of this mutilation and the lie that she had lost a child to this previously. And made this claim twice only for the first and second claim to be found to be untruthful and without foundation.

No she called it "hideous propaganda about child mutilation". Clearly either does not believe FGM exists and is only propaganda. Absolutey disgusting.

Sure wouldn’t liberal do gooders and greens love anyone willing to ask about claims to be banned and opinion censored.

When did liberals become the new Nazis?

What are you talking about now? Can you please argue your point if youre able instead of resorting to boring tavtics of pigeon holing and stereotyping.

If someone fires out hysterical abuse such as she did including insulting most of the posters on this forum then she should get a lenghty ban in my opinion. Pretending she was having "a laugh" as she did is evidence only of cowardice and is not not mitigation.

To The Moderators:

Why wasnt this thread removed due to the same criteria as specified in Post 720 Sligo Stores Closing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

To The Moderators:

Why wasnt this thread removed due to the same criteria as specified in Post 720 Sligo Stores Closing?

Has there been direct abusing of other posters?
    I'm failing in my attempt to understand this case. So she lied and got found out,why is she still here?

I would consider "forum's hackneyed, formerly wordy, quasi-lawyers, its band of righteous pretentious do-gooders" and "its back to whining about stores closing down and a lack of bunting on MacSharry Road. Tragic feeble mentalities" to be general abuse of people who use Boards.ie. I'm surprised that this can go unchallenged.
    greetings wrote: »
    Has there been direct abusing of other posters?
    I'm failing in my attempt to understand this case. So she lied and got found out,why is she still here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I would consider "forum's hackneyed, formerly wordy, quasi-lawyers, its band of righteous pretentious do-gooders" and "its back to whining about stores closing down and a lack of bunting on MacSharry Road. Tragic feeble mentalities" to be general abuse of people who use Boards.ie. I'm surprised that this can go unchallenged.

I wouldn't say that's direct abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

cityman its obvioulsy a decision for the mods and if it bothers you report the post but shelly is entitled to her opinion and at least she insulted everyone and didn't pick on any individual. Debate is good when opinions differ.

No, it doesnt bother me personally. Why should an unhinged outburst bother me? However the thread was generally insulting to a group, ie: those who use Sligo Boards.ie. I consider that to be unacceptable.

If a similar attack had been directed at a particular race or religion the story would have been different would it not?

For sure, debate is good when it is civil.

PS: I did mark my reply for the attention of the Moderators. If they do consider insults aimed at groups to be acceptable, well thats up to them.
    cityman its obvioulsy a decision for the mods and if it bothers you report the post but shelly is entitled to her opinion and at least she insulted everyone and didn't pick on any individual. Debate is good when opinions differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

When a mod does log on, the thread will just be locked. Same old, same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

shelly didn't insult or abuse anyone in particular, and tbh, i think people would only find it insulting to them if they allow it to be, as for the moderation of the thread, you can see they have been infracted for their post from the red card received

• Advertisement

I think shelly found them out for what they were when the facts became more than apparent - no foul

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement