Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a Troll

Options
  • 10-07-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Im new to all this forum stuff. Can anyone tellme what it is to be a troll, I have been browsing the prison and i have seen that alot of people get banned for trolling. Can someone please explain what it means so I don't become on by mistake...thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Trolling; is basically stirring up a discussion or debate for no other reason than to cause agro or disruption. It ruins threads (topics of discussion) for people that are genuinely interested in genuine opinions.

The trolls that you see banned are most probably re-registered posters that have been banned in a previous incarnation for trolling or just behaving like clowns after registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

In a nutshell, a shít stirrer.

Advertisement