Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Lord Of The Rings Mod

Options
  • 11-07-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't know if people are aware of this, but I just found it and have been messing around with it for the last few hours.

It's absolutely incredible. There's no npcs or quests at the moment I think. It's just the map. But the map is brilliant and huge. They're adding to it all the time and god knows when it'll be finished (it'll take a long long time).

You can get it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-mod

It's well worth a try, just to see how well it looks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

How long you think until a nice little cease and desist from the Tolkein estate, there was meant to be a Morrowind mod too but it got halted for this reason, wonder how they got round it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Seems like an incredibly ambitious project to take on. If they manage to complete it, it'll be amazing but i reckon they're trying to do too much with it.

This looks absolutely amazing I love the video :eek:
    I hope they manage it before getting a C&D!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I downloaded this last year and thought it was amazing. So amazing, i ended up using the construction kit to make Edoras! I found a hill in the area of Rohan, reshaped it alittle so it was more like the movies, textured it and finished it off with buildings like the Golden hall. Theres tonnes of LOTR weapons mods online, so I added some authentic swords to find and even a fully functioning Sauron, who attacks the player when he walks into the room!
    I dont have Oblivion installed anymore, but if i can find some pics of the mod, ill post em here.

But overall, if you're into LOTR, then this is an amazing mod that has to be tried. The last time I played it, only Hobbiton was completed. Its pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So is it just a huge map to wander around in? No NPCs or anything?

I don't even really like LOTR but still reckon this looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

quarryman wrote: »
    So is it just a huge map to wander around in? No NPCs or anything?

I don't even really like LOTR but still reckon this looks good.
    Yeah, at the moment it's just a map and some weapons in a chest in Minas Tirith (which also looks awesome). They plan to make the full fellowship quest, I think.

Cool i'll keep an eye on it so.

Speaking of which. I've only ever played Vanilla Oblivion. What are the best mods out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've actually just reinstalled it to play that LOTR mod and have been looking around for a few. There's loads of graphical improvements, but some of them are a bit overly complicated to install.

If you go to http://www.tesnexus.com/ you'll find them all in the files section. There's hundreds to go through and add pretty much everything from the standard naked chick mods that are always the first thing to be developed, to new lands and quests. I think there's too many to actually note them all, and I'm just going through the standard game at the moment.

humanji wrote: »
    I've actually just reinstalled it to play that LOTR mod and have been looking around for a few. There's loads of graphical improvements, but some of them are a bit overly complicated to install.

If you go to http://www.tesnexus.com/ you'll find them all in the files section. There's hundreds to go through and add pretty much everything from the standard naked chick mods that are always the first thing to be developed, to new lands and quests. I think there's too many to actually note them all, and I'm just going through the standard game at the moment.

yeah. I've nearly finished the game vanilla on the xbox 360 (after over 4 years!). I was planning to get it again for the PC but modding it heavily to get a different playing experience. I want something robust though and not have to go fiddling with settings and selecting compatible mods etc.

It seems this is a good option. Oscuro's overhaul.

Advertisement