Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to keep your phone safe in the rain?

Options
  • 11-07-2010 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

so, how do you keep your phone safe at festivals such as oxegen which are covered in rain and mud and flying beer?

today i put a plastic freezer bag around it. no liquid got through that i can see. i did use the phone through the bag.

this doesn't seem to have kept it working though :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Constant worry for me having a very expensive phone never found a practical solution tho. I just try keep it behind my wallet so if i get splashed i will have time to take it out of my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Get one of these http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/waterproof-phone-and-gps-cases-592-0.html I do a lot of white water kayaking, I put my 5800 in one and it always stays dry. It will even float, and you can use you phone with out taking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

To be honest for the likes of Oxygen, I'd nearly invest in the cheapest possible phone and go with that. The like of a really basic sim free nokias you see being sold, think they are normally about 30 euro.

Other than that, the Aquapac cases are your best best.

For general use, I'd say common sense (when I saw the title I actually thought this was gonna be a stupid question about using a phone in the pouring rain in general).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thanks for the opinions so far anyway lads. will take a look at the case.

@gillo - i don't see the point in having a nice fancy phone that does loads of what i want to do and then leave it home when i go camping / concerts / hill walking / whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I still have an unlocked 5100 that I use for concerts etc, they can still be picked up on Ebay for buttons, make sure it has the original Nokia covers and not the aftermarket ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement