Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Video] Out or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tumbling_dice

Looked it to me too. I don't see how the ump could say he saw the ball hit the floor. Is this recent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Happens quite a bit in cricket. Am I right in saying that they cannot use video replays for this kind of thing, much like in the case of Galaraggas blown perfect game?

FWIW it was a catch and a strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tumbling_dice

No, no video replay for this kind of thing. Well, am I not wrong in thinking that if it was a catch he's out? It's because the ump deems the ball to have hit the ground that the batter can go. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Yeah youre right; if it was a straight catch (ie didnt hit the ground) then it was a swing and a miss and a strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Looked it to me too. I don't see how the ump could say he saw the ball hit the floor. Is this recent?
    No a few years i believe........ I was just curious about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I say safe, the ball hits the dirt before it's secure/held in the catchers mitt.
    For me it's a correct call but how on earth the umpire can see it is beyond me

Advertisement