Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuppin house party next door...

• 11-07-2010 4:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

House next door is rented to a group of Polish lads, regularly have loud music playing into the small hours on Fri and Sat nights. I've had to knock on the door a few times to ask them to turn down the music after it's woken me from my sleep. Normally they'll do so begrudgingly.

Tonight took an ugly turn though, knocked on the house door at about 2.30am and asked the guy (know their names, just don't wanna put them up) that answered to turn down the music. He was well drunk and got aggressive when I asked him to turn down the music as I've work in the morning. Told me to **** off after saying something along the lines of I'm always the same, asking them to turn down the music etc. Anyway to cut a long story short, I rang the landlord, the landlord rang the tenant, the tenant went ape**** and started pounding on my door shouting what I presume were swear words at me in Polish. Called the Gardai and the landlord again, yer man goes nuts again and starts kicking my door! Eventually the Gardai arrived and after having a chat with them they knocked on his door, warned him to stay away from my house and got him to turn the music down. They called back to me and as we were talking the music comes back on full volume! They knocked again and he started shouting at the Gardai but they calmed him and the music went down. About 15 mins after the Gardai left the music started at a low level and has been gradually rising. Sounds like a ****in discotheque in there now. Not really looking for advice though all welcome, just needed to rant...F****N CU*TS!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Grab a shotgun and go apeshit, it'll all work out in the end.... oh wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Move to a rural area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Move to a rural area

Am living in a rural town if that's any good to ya?

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Am living in a rural town if that's any good to ya?

More rural. You need to be a mile from the nearest house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

I feckin love abba, but cant understand why my 80 yaerb old neighbor doesnt appreciate it like me...she im not...party on..(but she is a but deaf si itds grand)...wanna big hse in thr country..

• Advertisement

More rural. You need to be a mile from the nearest house.

Gotcha, just gotta get the builders to relocate my house now, hmmm....

shuvly wrote: »
    I feckin love abba, but cant understand why my 80 yaerb old neighbor doesnt appreciate it like me...she im not...party on..(but she is a but deaf si itds grand)...wanna big hse in thr country..

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Are there any Swans in your area???

So I guess the music is the reason you are up at this hour?...Captain Obvious I know.

Are there any Swans in your area???

Ha ha! Afraid not, plenty of ketchup about though!

• Advertisement

So I guess the music is the reason you are up at this hour?...Captain Obvious I know.

Yep, been living here about 2 years and own the house, tonight was the first time I felt afraid in my home, genuinely thought yer man was gonna kick the door down. He's a good bit bigger than me too and had company...

Yep, been living here about 2 years and own the house, tonight was the first time I felt afraid in my home, genuinely thought yer man was gonna kick the door down. He's a good bit bigger than me too and had company...

You could always play music during the week at night. Bring over a few big people as well just in case. They would get the message then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

pelt him with your own **** next time you see him.

Always works.

Don't want to shít you up OP, but I often wonder how many stabbings and beatings occur because of something so simple as this.

Maybe talk to your neighbours when they are sober? Like have a chat and just explain your situation? Keeping you awake at 4:30 is just taking the piss. I know i'd lose the plot too.

He had company while he was kicking your door? I would make a formal complaint to the Gardai about this, even if nothing happens, it would be on record so if anything happens in the future you can say you made a previous complaint and he caused you trouble in the past, you know? Stay away from them when they are drinking, that's the best advice I can give ya.

You could always play music during the week at night. Bring over a few big people as well just in case. They would get the message then.

Was thinking of doing that alright but knowing the lads next door they'll take that as meaning it's OK to have parties! Anyway the music has stopped, think they've gone to bed now. Hopefully will get a few hours sleep before work in the morning:)

Goodnight.

Don't want to shít you up OP, but I often wonder how many stabbings and beatings occur because of something so simple as this.

Maybe talk to your neighbours when they are sober? Like have a chat and just explain your situation? Keeping you awake at 4:30 is just taking the piss. I know i'd lose the plot too.

He had company while he was kicking your door? I would make a formal complaint to the Gardai about this, even if nothing happens, it would be on record so if anything happens in the future you can say you made a previous complaint and he caused you trouble in the past, you know? Stay away from them when they are drinking, that's the best advice I can give ya.

Was thinking the same thing re stabbings and assaults, he went nuts! I'm renting a room to a Polish guy and he knows the guys next door. The knob next door rang my housemate and accused him of ringing the Gardai and the landlord, he was in his back garden roaring down the phone for all the world to hear. Beyond drunk...

Told the Gardai what occurred in person but you're right, no harm in taking a trip to the local station and making a formal complaint. Was thinking of calling into the neighbours tomorrow, asking them to play the music up loud and bringing them into my place so they can hear it. Just hope they don't decide to go on a day long bender tomorrow as they've done before. As for the bolded bit, it sounds like good advice but tonight was just ridiculous, the bass was rattling the radiator in my room it was that loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Turn on some music at ear-bleeding volume when you get up for work in the morning and they're all in a vodka coma.....should wake them up nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Surely being an It guy you'd have been invited?

Ba-doom-tish! Feel more like Pennywise from the movie It than anything else at the moment....they all float down here...

• Advertisement

shuvly wrote: »

Sorry babe, 4get tat we are all inherintly sober..(is inherintly a real like word..oops allreadlr)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,817 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dont play with fire to fight fire. no music wars just make your formal complaint with the AGS and the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I posted it before and I'll post it again. Best way to deal with your problem:

Im not gonna killa like, but the bitch is still gonna end up under the feckin cement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

This is easy. Put on some headphones and take the power back. Listen to something along these lines, and fall asleep. Win.

Alternatively, leave your job, learn polish and go party

Jakob wrote: »
    This is easy. Put on some headphones and take the power back. Listen to something along these lines, and fall asleep. Win.

Alternatively, leave your job, learn polish and go party

been there done that, listened to the radio or the iPod in the past when the partying next door got too much. Eventually had to go confront them on it or go slowly insane, tonight was nasty though. No intentions of leaving the job or learning Polish though I've a few choice phrases I could use! I will be partying tomorrow night though in the pub and not at home keeping some poor bastid awake...

And the music's back on...un****ingbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

been there done that, listened to the radio or the iPod in the past when the partying next door got too much. Eventually had to go confront them on it or go slowly insane, tonight was nasty though. No intentions of leaving the job or learning Polish though I've a few choice phrases I could use! I will be partying tomorrow night though in the pub and not at home keeping some poor bastid awake...

Well maybe that's what you should do. Stay up late the night he has to work making noise and show him how big a problem it is. He might learn something from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

And the music's back on...un****ingbelievable

Call the cops again

• Advertisement

bluto63 wrote: »
    Well maybe that's what you should do. Stay up late the night he has to work making noise and show him how big a problem it is. He might learn something from it

Not the best thing to do to somebody who kicks your door with his pose behind him.
    Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Call the cops again

Definately, keep calling the cops until they actually do something about it. It's not on and this attitude of "sure it's the weekend, it's grand" is not on either.

I doubt he would like to be kept up until 5AM if he has to get up for work in the morning. I bet the same lad would be knocking (or kicking) on your door to get you to keep quiet.

Call them again and tell the Gardai that you have work in the morning and that it's simply not fair. There has to be something they can do.

As you live there you want the least amount of trouble. I suggest ringing the landlord tomorrow and ask him to sort it out. He may or may not do anything about it. Tell him everything that happened. Landlord probably won't evict them or anything, but if they are giving that much trouble to neighbours then maybe he will. Ask your other neighbours to see if they have any opinions on the matter too. They might be pissed off but too afraid to do anything about it, you know?

Advertisement