Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuppin house party next door...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

thebullkf wrote: »
    judging by your recent posts,i think you have a problem.

good day sir.

Aww shucks, I have a stalker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Since when is partying a right?

You gotta fight for your right to party, well so said the beastie boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The landlord is probably your answer, tell him he needs to sort it out.

Personally though, i wouldnt let some drunken c**t kicking my door go unanswered, I'd have words when he's sober and show him the baseball bat that's gonna answer the door the next time he knocks on it with his boot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

OP,

Download this form

Send a copy via registered post to both the landlord and the tennants. Say if it continues, after 7 days have elapsed you will be applying to the district court to get a judgement. I bet within a few days of getting this letter, the tennants will be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

You need to buy RPG op ,

Those neighbours are not economically viable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Contrary to what the Beastie Boys said partying is not a right. It's a privelege and these twats have abused that.

OP, you own your house and the landlord next door own his. Don't go to him with a 'cap in hand' attitude as if he's calling the shots. You are his equal.

Be clear and assertive that this is a step too far and you are tapped out of patience and understanding. The tennant is a THUG. Kicking your door, shouting and being generally threatening.

If there are any scuff marks on the door, press charges for criminal damage. The landlord will see you mean business and he wont want the hassle. The Dept of the Environment are next to useless but lodge a complaint there all the same and let the Landlord know you are doing it.

Basically show them you are far from a pushover. The Landlord might be irritated at the hassle but you have to break eggs to make omelettes.

If there are any further outbursts from the thug film him on your phone/camera.

I like a party myself but I don't imagine I have the right to upset/disturb anyone else. That's a basic concept of adulthood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A lot of saints on this forum....gosh:P

No, but there's alot of people on the forum who don't like being woke up in the middle of the night with obnoxiously loud music when they have work in the morning.

OP - Make a complaint here everytime they play music. Even if it's only slightly loud. The complaints will build up and soon enough, they will be evicted.

Your neighbour sounds like a disrespectful prick. I hope he's evicted for your sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Get a job that's not in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

I'm not disputing his right to do what he likes in his own home; at least up to the point where it infringes on the OP's right to do likewise (in his case, sleep).

Your point about having a job is still irrelevant.

its not really,

look-all i'm saying is that the OP never mentioned this thuggish behaviour occurred before,i wonder why it happened now.?
    drink/drugs/stress...who knows...and judging by responses here.nobody cares.
    btw i am not condoning what the polish guy did!
    also to others who said "since when is having a party a 'right'. since the person is renting in the eyes of the law,effectively its his home,and can have a party when he wants..unless stipulated in his contract.
    the other point i was trying to make was the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

it could be that the OP has spoken to the neighbour,who's apologetic,and genuinely remorseful, {which in no way excuses his behaviour,btw} and explains/promises it won't happen again. etc etc etc....

now in that instance i'd give the polish lad a chance,seems like most here wouldn't...>>>{"i hope for your sake he's evicted.."}

i know its a lot of ifs and buts...but we don't know the whole story.
    Also if the polish guy owned that house there's fúck all the OP could do about it.

in closing- i could be way off the mark here and the polish guy is an absolute thug,animal whatever....
    Also i must add if i were the OP and someone was kicking in my door,i'd confront em there and then....
    plenty of hurleys in my house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Taking the p1ss with loud music is one thing but trying to kick in the OP's door? That is one step too far. I agree with Cheapthrills. Have a look at your door, and if there is even a mark on it, report the thug for criminal damage, who the hell does he think he is??:confused:

• Advertisement

also to others who said "since when is having a party a 'right'. since the person is renting in the eyes of the law,effectively its his home,and can have a party when he wants..unless stipulated in his contract.

Wrong.

it is illegal to do so, when it interferes with the life of a neighbour.
    In the case of noise nuisance being caused by individuals in private rented accommodation, the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 imposes minimum statutory obligations on landlords and tenants of private residential tenancies. Tenant obligations under the Act include an obligation not to engage, or allow visitors to engage, in anti-social behaviour which is defined as including persistent noise that interferes with the peaceful occupation of other dwellings in the neighbourhood. The Act also imposes an obligation on landlords to enforce the tenant obligations.

http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/NoiseIssuesConsultationPaper/NeighbourhoodDomesticNoisePollution/

In summary, you don't have a clue and it would be in your best interests to stop posting shítehawkery.

The only entitlement anyone has, is to a good night's sleep. People do not have a right to party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sassi72

@ Thebullkf

You have a very bad attitude and I would hate to be your neighbour if thats the view you take to having parties at all hours of the night. It is NOT acceptable for anybody to behave like those polish guys did, i don't care what excuse they have. The Intimidation alone and complete lack of respect for all their neighbours just makes me sick. I cannot imagine having any worse "Undesirables" living next door to me. Could it be that you have behaved in a similar manner in the past?? I cannot understand anybody who thinks that this behavious is ok:confused:
    @ OP

I feel very sorry for you, a hard working decent resident having to put up with this Bull, Sounds like you have been patient in the past, Nip it in the Bud asap.... Best of luck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

OP, is your door damaged from the kicking it got?
    If so, you're entitled to get it back to condition it was in.

Now I'm not saying scream "compo"
    But what happened wasn't acceptable, tbh a different garda would have taken this lad away in a squad car for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

First off its against the law,and they should be given a fine for that.Noise pollution after nine o clock.Second off you rang the gardai and the landlord so its on record.
    You should take it further especially when they got aggressive towards you.They are trying to intimidate you in your own home.I wouldnt stand for that.
    If you start letting them think they got away with it,it only gets worse.
    Do you own your house?

The maximum fine for conviction on breach of noise regulations is €3,000 or 12 months in prison or both.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/environment/environmental-protection/noise_regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Cuurva!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Since when is partying a right?
    I believe it was the Fight to Party Act of 1986, introduced by Senators of Rock Mike D, MCA, Mix Master White and Ad-Rock

its not really,

look-all i'm saying is that the OP never mentioned this thuggish behaviour occurred before,i wonder why it happened now.?
    drink/drugs/stress...who knows...and judging by responses here.nobody cares.
    the other point i was trying to make was the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

it could be that the OP has spoken to the neighbour,who's apologetic,and genuinely remorseful, {which in no way excuses his behaviour,btw} and explains/promises it won't happen again. etc etc etc....

now in that instance i'd give the polish lad a chance,seems like most here wouldn't...>>>{"i hope for your sake he's evicted.."}

Also if the polish guy owned that house there's fúck all the OP could do about it.

in closing- i could be way off the mark here and the polish guy is an absolute thug,animal whatever....
    Also i must add if i were the OP and someone was kicking in my door,i'd confront em there and then....
    Have I ever seen a post so full of farce?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

bleg wrote: »
    Get a job that's not in IT.
    what has that got to do with anything?

Overheal wrote: »

It's quite the read alright. What age is the poster I wonder..

explain.

whats your problem?- how about contributing something constructive instead of commenting on other peoples posts.

• Advertisement

It's quite the read alright. What age is the poster I wonder..

you wonder do you?

how about contributing something albeit constructive.;)

dlofnep wrote: »
    Wrong.

it is illegal to do so, when it interferes with the life of a neighbour.

http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/NoiseIssuesConsultationPaper/NeighbourhoodDomesticNoisePollution/

In summary, you don't have a clue and it would be in your best interests to stop posting shítehawkery.

The only entitlement anyone has, is to a good night's sleep. People do not have a right to party.

we only have one side of the story,re-read my post.
    people have the right to do whatever the fúck they want in their own home.

why would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Joseph Fritzl thought that too.........

explain.

whats your problem?- how about contributing something constructive instead of commenting on other peoples posts.
    Why certainly,
    its not really,

look-all i'm saying is that the OP never mentioned this thuggish behaviour occurred before,
    Actually, he did mention it:
    "House next door is rented to a group of Polish lads, regularly have loud music playing into the small hours on Fri and Sat nights. I've had to knock on the door a few times to ask them to turn down the music after it's woken me from my sleep. Normally they'll do so begrudgingly.

Tonight took an ugly turn though"
    i wonder why it happened now.? drink/drugs/stress...who knows...and judging by responses here.nobody cares.
    And why should they? You believe Drugs, Stress, Alchohol should excuse you from being an asshat?
    Or stipulated in the law. Dlofnep rightly dressed you down on this point.
    Tenants aren't really a case of Pot Luck; the Landlord has every power to interview appropriate tenants: they simply chose to rent it out to young polish lads rather than say a Nuclear Family. Though with enough AGS and Neighbour involvement it wont be long before the landlord decides teenagers and 20-somethings aren't worth the rent they bring in.
    lol, you didn't even read the OP when you wrote this.
    "knocked on the house door at about 2.30am and asked the guy (know their names, just don't wanna put them up) that answered to turn down the music. He was well drunk and got aggressive when I asked him to turn down the music as I've work in the morning. Told me to **** off after saying something along the lines of I'm always the same, asking them to turn down the music etc. Anyway to cut a long story short, I rang the landlord, the landlord rang the tenant, the tenant went ape**** and started pounding on my door shouting what I presume were swear words at me in Polish. Called the Gardai and the landlord again, yer man goes nuts again and starts kicking my door!"
    Had you read the OP before posting you would have known the lads in the house have been given numerous passes about their disruptive behavior before the culmination of last night's incident.
    To be fair, most of the story is in the OP and subsequent posts by the OP.
    Again, this is untrue, as stated by Dlofnep.
    Swing and a Miss.
    Advocation of violence For The Win.

Was there anything else?

sassi72 wrote: »
    @ Thebullkf

You have a very bad attitude and I would hate to be your neighbour if thats the view you take to having parties at all hours of the night. It is NOT acceptable for anybody to behave like those polish guys did, i don't care what excuse they have. The Intimidation alone and complete lack of respect for all their neighbours just makes me sick. I cannot imagine having any worse "Undesirables" living next door to me. Could it be that you have behaved in a similar manner in the past?? I cannot understand anybody who thinks that this behavious is ok:confused:
    @ OP

I feel very sorry for you, a hard working decent resident having to put up with this Bull, Sounds like you have been patient in the past, Nip it in the Bud asap.... Best of luck;)

see thats your problem.

re-read my post,
    we don't have the full story-but as i said earlier.

i don't condone what they did its the party aspect i'm talking about.

also i own my home-my neighbours have parties till 4am sometimes later @ least once a month excluding birthdays xmas etc.
    sometimes i can't sleep.neither can the kids.
    but-i'm a tolerant person.
    it seems people on this thread aren't,it also seems that nobody here has
    ever had a party till 4-5am.
    more's the pity:rolleyes:good luck to you all.no doubt someone will use selective quotes to highlight my"bad attitude"... doesn't matter.

also i own my home-my neighbours have parties till 4am sometimes later @ least once a month excluding birthdays xmas etc.
    I think you're just unaware of your legal entitlement to a night's rest. Which is frankly not all that uncommon, in the Personal Issues forum Noise Pollution is one of the most prevalent, reoccuring topics outside of relationship and work related issues. So it comes as no shock you and many Irish people would be unaware of that entitlement and indeed what you as the disturbed neighbor can do to address the problem.

As to 5am parties, theres no need for the loud music to have a good time. Havent people heard of LAN or casual sex? Tell them all to just spoon and play halo.

Why certainly,
    Actually, he did mention it:
    "House next door is rented to a group of Polish lads, regularly have loud music playing into the small hours on Fri and Sat nights. I've had to knock on the door a few times to ask them to turn down the music after it's woken me from my sleep. Normally they'll do so begrudgingly.

Tonight took an ugly turn though"

i meant threatening behaviour.
    And why should they? You believe Drugs, Stress, Alchohol should excuse you from being an asshat?

of course not.

Or stipulated in the law. Dlofnep rightly dressed you down on this point.

Tenants aren't really a case of Pot Luck; the Landlord has every power to interview appropriate tenants: they simply chose to rent it out to young polish lads rather than say a Nuclear Family. Though with enough AGS and Neighbour involvement it wont be long before the landlord decides teenagers and 20-somethings aren't worth the rent they bring in.
    lol, you didn't even read the OP when you wrote this.
    "knocked on the house door at about 2.30am and asked the guy (know their names, just don't wanna put them up) that answered to turn down the music. He was well drunk and got aggressive when I asked him to turn down the music as I've work in the morning. Told me to **** off after saying something along the lines of I'm always the same, asking them to turn down the music etc. Anyway to cut a long story short, I rang the landlord, the landlord rang the tenant, the tenant went ape**** and started pounding on my door shouting what I presume were swear words at me in Polish. Called the Gardai and the landlord again, yer man goes nuts again and starts kicking my door!"

i meant today,sober.
    Had you read the OP before posting you would have known the lads in the house have been given numerous passes about their disruptive behavior before the culmination of last night's incident.
    numerous passes??....because they played loud music.?

To be fair, most of the story is in the OP and subsequent posts by the OP.

Again, this is untrue, as stated by Dlofnep.

as was pointed out,its relevant only to renter's.

Swing and a Miss.
    Advocation of violence For The Win.

please please please show me where i advocated violence.

see this is the problem i have with certain posters.
    posting Sh1te.
    i underlined more than once that i didn't condone what they did.

EDIT: I meant the poles using violence.

Was there anything else?

see above.

see above.

"if i were the OP and someone was kicking in my door,i'd confront em there and then....
    "

Confronting your neighbour with a weapon is a direct threat to commit a violent act. In two words: Completely Illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

see thats your problem.

re-read my post,
    we don't have the full story-but as i said earlier.

i don't condone what they did its the party aspect i'm talking about.

more's the pity:rolleyes:good luck to you all.no doubt someone will use selective quotes to highlight my"bad attitude"... doesn't matter.

I've often been to and had parties that went past 4-5 am. We always tried to keep the noise down especially if asked. This has nothing to do with tolerance. It's about not being dickheads. Nobody is stopping the neighbours from having a party but they have to have some respect for the neighbours. Regular parties till 4 -5 am with excessive noise is just taking the piss, weekend or not.

• Advertisement

Actually they don't. And if you read my post, you would come to the same conclusion that I've come to - you're absurdly wrong.

You do not have the right to do whatever you want in your own home - including, noise pollution which may affect your neighbours.

Got it, Einstein?

Advertisement