Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuppin house party next door...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

would you prefer to live next to a quiet racist or a loud ar$3hole
    Anywaz I am not racist. I do not like this multi-cultural crap
    we are loosing our culture
    if you are irish and living in ireland then you should get preference bascailly
    but the same should work both ways
    If I went to Poland I would expect the Polish to have more rights than anyone else over there, that is the way it should work
    I'd say in 10 years time Ireland will have no culture of it's own at all anymore and that is a real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is the OP still alive or did they come into his house and finish him off???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Its so easy i had this same problem and i myself have been the problem.The only and best way i have ever come across to stop this is to wait for nights when your not there or gone away for a night or two and turn the speakers of your sound system against the offending wall and put on some ****ty scratched cd full blast and leave .Eye for an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

ironically, back in my student days.. there was a polish family living next door to one of my mates. The morning after a fairly hefty party, he would blare the ****test polish dance music thru the walls.lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

would you prefer to live next to a quiet racist or a loud ar$3hole
    Anywaz I am not racist. I do not like this multi-cultural crap
    If I went to Poland I would expect the Polish to have more rights than anyone else over there, that is the way it should work
    I'd say in 10 years time Ireland will have no culture of it's own at all anymore and that is a real shame

• Advertisement

they tuuk yer yobbbs......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

I do not like this multi-cultural crap

This statement is even more bigoted than your previous one...

Can you please explain the problem with a multi cultured society and how we are "losing our culture"??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Have you tried tighting it back up?

I do not need to explain myself to you nor do I value your opinion

someone cannot be a racist or bigot if the same rules apply in another country

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Aha !...It took a while,but phew thankfully we have the Irish answer to the Irish problem....and ...it`s all about "Entitlement" ...Yay..Way to Go !!! :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

And now its time to unsubscribe from this thread since now its turned in to a race war.

again and the last post..... I am not a racist. I have Polish mates if you must know and ......* sigh * hits reply.. turns off laptop....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

they tuuk yer yobbbs......

durkur durrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

again and the last post..... I am not a racist. I have Polish mates if you must know and ......* sigh * hits reply.. turns off laptop....

ha, the old "I have (insert gay, foreign, etc) friends, so I can't be homophobic/racist" argument!

So easy for a thread to turn into a dem fordeners moan platform.

Economy in crisis? - dem fordeners!:mad:
    No jobs? - dem fordeners!:mad:
    Feckin weather? - dem fordeners!:mad:
    My chips are cold? - guess who????..........

Swan population in decline.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

I have a neighbor who likes to throw their dog into their back garden and it barks very loudly for hours on end.
    I just open me windows, throw my speakers ( tweeters out the windowsill and put the volume on full until it drains
    out the dog barking, shortly after they bring the dog back in.
    simple really
    fight fire with fire, don't be a pu$$y and don't stand for any of that $h!t
    Hell give me your address and I'll pop over

What do the rest of the neighbourhood think of you puting the speakers outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Oh man, was at this serious house party Saturday night with my polish friends, was all going great until someone called the gardi and cut the high short.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Cheers for all the advice guys and a big F off to the ignorant "I'm not racist but" idiots. To do a Rumsfeld on it, I don't tolerate intolerance! I'm renting a room to a Polish guy, his wife and kid are over for a few weeks so it wasn't just me that was affected by the neighbours partying.

Yer man next door - I'll call him Sean for brevity - knows my housemate and rang him after his landlord was onto him. Sean was screaming blue murder down the phone and was standing in his back garden calling him to come outside for a "chat". Anyway yesterday I rang my housemate to see if anything else had happened as when I left for work the music was up loud and the lads were drinking away again. Sean called into the house and apologised for his behaviour saying he couldn't remember a thing. He was so drunk he thought it was my housemate that had gone to his door, called the Gardai and his landlord and not me which is why he rang him and went berserk. Legend of a chap. Nothing said to me yet but will be back home this evening and will call in for a chat and clear the air if possible.

Also Sean thinks he's gonna be let go from his job and will have to move out of the house too he thinks. I can understand him being stressed about losing his job but it's not my problem, he needs to deal with it without dragging those around him into his crap. There's a Polish family on the other side of him who have rang the Gardai in the past, the guy simply doesn't give a s**t who he pisses off.

how rude, now I am hoping that he keeps his job, gets even noisier and makes your life even harder. enjoy......

The neighbours love my hairy [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL] over the dog barking anyday and I get on great with all of my neighbours except next door. the dog pi$$es off the whole street

musiz is stopped when dog is brought in, question answered

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

how rude, now I am hoping that he keeps his job, gets even noisier and makes your life even harder. enjoy......

The neighbours love my hairy [EMAIL="b@lls"]b@lls[/EMAIL] over the dog barking anyday and I get on great with all of my neighbours except next door. the dog pi$$es off the whole street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Earplugs might cut out some of the noise
    :confused:

The neighbours love my hairy b@lls over the dog barking anyday and I get on great with all of my neighbours except next door. the dog pi$$es off the whole street

Yep I'm the rude one here keeping my neighbours awake til all hours. If the dog is a problem I suggest having a chat with the neighbour in question. Your approach in dealing with the dog barking is less fighting fire with fire and more a case of prolonging ignorance with more ignorance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

• Registered Users Posts: 82,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Also Sean thinks he's gonna be let go from his job and will have to move out of the house too he thinks. I can understand him being stressed about losing his job but it's not my problem, he needs to deal with it without dragging those around him into his crap.
    Nail on the head.

Also helps not to get blackout drunk.

On the record though most scientific papers agree that blacking out does not constitute an excuse of behavior: you're still you, with your personality, acting as you would (though drunk and uninhibited); even if you can't remember anything that happened to you 5 minutes ago. The lad just appears to be an asshole that during the day sober, keeps his temper on a tepid leash.

Overheal wrote: »
    Nail on the head.

Also helps not to get blackout drunk.

On the record though most scientific papers agree that blacking out does not constitute an excuse of behavior: you're still you, with your personality, acting as you would (though drunk and uninhibited); even if you can't remember anything that happened to you 5 minutes ago. The lad just appears to be an asshole that during the day sober, keeps his temper on a tepid leash.

Agreed.

You know what im sick of hearing the classic old excuse rolled out in these situations "oh i was blind drunk...". Ive heard this bullsh!t so many times when people commit violent or anti-social acts.
    Should drink drivers be let off the hook because their sense of judgement was impaired by the 12 pints they drank prior to driving? Obviously not.

Why should someone who has threatened another with violence be excused because they had drink in them? If the person is well aware that excessive drinking impairs there judgement or makes them do things out of character then they are responsible for their actions.

Post #51 has the most amount of thanks ive seen in a long time.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bone Idol

How about investing in or downloading some martial music from the Third Reich and/or Russian Army Choirs to entertain your Polish neighbours.

Put them on a loop, playing nice and loud and go way on a weeks holidays!

Hearing the same selection of a dozen or so choice tracks non-stop will wreck their heads.

Just thought I'd update this thread and let ye know that patience and perseverance do win out. My neighbor from hell got his marching orders a few months back after another day and night of loud music followed by more drunken confrontations and calls to the Gardai and landlord.

This time it wasn't dance music but a Celine Dion cd left playing all day, on repeat, at full volume. Celine f**kin Dion! I don't know what I did to block out the music for the day but by 11pm the neighbors on the other side, *Jim and *Joanne had had enough. I heard them knocking and banging on the door and went outside to see if they'd get any answer. After about 10 minutes of knocking and shouting, *Sean answers the door looking slightly the worse for wear. At this point the neighbors the other side of me are looking out their window to see what happens, I ask them if they like Celine Dion music :D. Jim and Joanne ask Sean to turn down the music or they'll call the Gardai, Joanne tells him that if it continues they'll take him and the landlord to court. After a few mins of apologies from Sean, he starts to usher them away from his back door by pushing them towards his back gate. I knew at that point things were gonna get nasty, Sean was starting to get irate and telling them it was his house, that he pays rent etc. Jim is saying that it's not his house that he's renting and we own the houses on either side. Anyways after a few mins of arguing and pushing them to the back door Sean is well pissed off and pushes Jim full force in the chest. Jim is well able to look after himself, comes back at Sean, there's a small scuffle, a few punches are thrown, Jim lands a punch to Sean's face and Sean hits the ground. At this point I'm hoping that would be it but knowing Sean for the thug he is I call the Gardai and his landlord and let them know what's going on, more out of a sense of knowing he'll do something more violent next. He gets up, starts swearing in Polish at us, goes into his house and gets a baseball bat. He smashes part of the fence between my house and his, gets a garden gnome and throws it at my patio doors - thankfully it was a hollow one and broke into pieces without breaking the glass. He goes to my front door, starts ringing my door bell asking me to come outside. I tell him through my front door the Gardai are on their way and he goes back in home. The Gardai arrive about 10 mins after I call them and as I'm telling them what happened, Joanne comes out of her house saying Sean is standing in their back garden with the baseball bat. The Gardai go into the house and tell him to go home. As they're bringing him back into his own back garden they start taking his details and I point out the broken gnome in my back garden and the broken fence. Sean simply shrugs his shoulders and says he doesn't know how that happened when the Gardai point it out to him. What a prick. All the while he's eyeballing me and trying to dismiss me with a wave of his hand. I ask the Gardai if they need me for anything else, they say they'll ring me if they need a statement from me and I go back inside. What a night, looking back on it it's surreal.

The landlord must have gotten a call from the Gardai because over the next few days I see Sean putting boxes and bags into the back of his jeep. I'm delighted to see the back of him and the awkward moments when we leave or arrive home at the same time. Good news is the house has been rented out to the brother of my lodger and his gf, they're both sound out. No loud music and no Celine effin Dion!

So for those of you who tl;dr - my neighbor from hell got punched, went nuts and got himself kicked out of the house. Yahtzee!

*Obviously not their real names

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

New tenants having a house warmer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Sean from Poland? Obviously not real names! i feel ur pain O.P we had similar issues with our neighbours, theyre gone bout a year now and its been heaven.... Lookin back it was bizzare...one evening, ya man was so locked he parked his car up my drive a staggered to get my house!

Advertisement