Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuppin house party next door...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

PinkFly wrote: »
    Sean from Poland? Obviously not real names! i feel ur pain O.P we had similar issues with our neighbours, theyre gone bout a year now and its been heaven.... Lookin back it was bizzare...one evening, ya man was so locked he parked his car up my drive a staggered to get my house!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Jumpy wrote: »
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    What?

Interesting thread here, your trouble is not uncommon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I choose far know more even anyone look with want look decide use like.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

am delighted for you OP. being sharing houses for years now and can honestly say, i've come across some right gobsh!tes in my time. be they housemates or neighbours. needless to say i'm sure they view me in the highest regard ;) but i've always lived by the rule that if i can behave rationally and not annoy intensively then so can they. you would be surprised by the amount of times i've been surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

IT-Guy wrote: »
    House next door is rented to a group of Polish lads, regularly have loud music playing into the small hours on Fri and Sat nights. I've had to knock on the door a few times to ask them to turn down the music after it's woken me from my sleep. Normally they'll do so begrudgingly.

Tonight took an ugly turn though, knocked on the house door at about 2.30am and asked the guy (know their names, just don't wanna put them up) that answered to turn down the music. He was well drunk and got aggressive when I asked him to turn down the music as I've work in the morning. Told me to **** off after saying something along the lines of I'm always the same, asking them to turn down the music etc. Anyway to cut a long story short, I rang the landlord, the landlord rang the tenant, the tenant went ape**** and started pounding on my door shouting what I presume were swear words at me in Polish. Called the Gardai and the landlord again, yer man goes nuts again and starts kicking my door! Eventually the Gardai arrived and after having a chat with them they knocked on his door, warned him to stay away from my house and got him to turn the music down. They called back to me and as we were talking the music comes back on full volume! They knocked again and he started shouting at the Gardai but they calmed him and the music went down. About 15 mins after the Gardai left the music started at a low level and has been gradually rising. Sounds like a ****in discotheque in there now. Not really looking for advice though all welcome, just needed to rant...F****N CU*TS!!!

The golden rule in life is that where theres a noisy party, a raging hangover is sure to follow.

What you do is, when you leave for work. turn on your radio at full volume and leave it like that until you get home. The revellers will not have the chance to sleep off the excesses of last nights celebrations. The gardai have shown you that they are not much use to you.If you cant beat them join them.

Continue this every time your neighbours have a get together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

OP, from your posts you have done everything so far but to no avail, calling the landlord and gardai etc. the best thing to do is to fight fire with fire and invite some friends around, or alternatively as others have said play them at their own game and have the radio on loud, loud music later on in the morning after their house party when they will need their sleep in the hope that they will get the message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Do the same thing tomorrow night and leave your door unlocked. When they break in shoot them dead. Then look at their bodies and say "Party's over, asshole" or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Yep, been living here about 2 years and own the house, tonight was the first time I felt afraid in my home, genuinely thought yer man was gonna kick the door down. He's a good bit bigger than me too and had company...

Pay a bunch of teens to get a bit of counter anti-social behaviour outside his house, or put your cd player up full volume before you leave for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've read that sentence like 9 times, still cant make a bit of sense from it,

:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fcuking delighted you are finally going to have some peace and quiet OP. I had the same issue a couple years ago with the cnuts above me. I got them evicted and then I got the next crowd evicted. Have a family above me now and they are grand. I can remember lying in bed wide awake thinking I would love to pour petrol into the letterbox and burn them all to hell. A good nights sleep is one of the most unappreciated things in life.

Horgan wrote: »

I can't even read it, it's making my brain hurt:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

It's language, Jim, but not as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I can't even read it, it's making my brain hurt:pac:

It made my hangover 10 times worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I know that feeling, we used to have a polish couple staying in a flat below me, we went through hell... contact the PRTB and be prepared to keep going with this..

We got them evicted in the end. It was pure hell. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Just thought I'd update this thread and let ye know that patience and perseverance do win out.............................................. The Gardai arrive about 10 mins after I call them and as I'm telling them what happened, Joanne comes out of her house saying Sean is standing in their back garden with the baseball bat. The Gardai go into the house and tell him to go home. As they're bringing him back into his own back garden they start taking his details and I point out the broken gnome in my back garden and the broken fence. Sean simply shrugs his shoulders and says he doesn't know how that happened when the Gardai point it out to him. What a prick. All the while he's eyeballing me and trying to dismiss me with a wave of his hand. I ask the Gardai if they need me for anything else, they say they'll ring me if they need a statement from me and I go back inside. What a night, looking back on it it's surreal..............................

This is what seriously p!sses me off about Ireland sometimes. The guy goes on a rampage, attempts to break into a couple of houses armed with a baseball bat, threatens people and when the police eventually show up they tell him to go home.

If that was pretty much any other country, he would be handcuffed, taken to the station to sober up and taken before a judge before they let him out. he might actually learn something from it, at the very least he will be contained for the night instead of being given permission to continue drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭conorhal

Since when is partying a right?

Since the 26th amendment to the constitution was ratified after ‘The Beastie Boys’ referendum in 1989.

Not only is it your right to party, you are in fact entitled to fight for it, hence kicking in the neighbors door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Good news is the house has been rented out to the brother of my lodger and his gf, they're both sound out. No loud music and no Celine effin Dion!

To the casual observer that would make it look like youse orchestrated this to get them in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭conorhal

bijapos wrote: »
    This is what seriously p!sses me off about Ireland sometimes. The guy goes on a rampage, attempts to break into a couple of houses armed with a baseball bat, threatens people and when the police eventually show up they tell him to go home.

If that was pretty much any other country, he would be handcuffed, taken to the station to sober up and taken before a judge before they let him out. he might actually learn something from it, at the very least he will be contained for the night instead of being given permission to continue drinking.

In America, you'd be legally entitled to shoot him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bijapos wrote: »

Many gardee are powerless against non nationals and certain indigenous ethnic groups. It's a garlic/vampire type scenario :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

conorhal wrote: »
    In America, you'd be legally entitled to shoot him. :)

AMERICA **** YEAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Horgan wrote: »

It originated over in /b/, it's been around for 3-4 years. Of course some parts are slow to get the internet so it's all new to them. Nowadays using such an old, clichéd meme is the equivalent of wearing the Burberry check...you cringe and feel sorry for those that don't know how uncool it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Thanks Kaiser , I just peed myself laughing reading that !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Most of my reply will be irrelevant after reading the whole thread and itrs over but for anyone else

I would call the gardai, but not too much, its not right but you dont want to piss them off, need them onside.
    Definitely contact the landlord, call at the time you are being disturbed and tell them you will call everytime there is a party, also find out in advance if it is PRTB reg'd by checking online, tell the landlord it is their obligation to comply with regulations re anti social behaviour, if they dont stop you will report, if reg'd they can be thrown out, if not better still the landlord wont want to be found out (its possible if reg'd or not, they may not know about it and probably be unhappy about it) so might be even under a greater incentive to do something about it. If the landlord doesnt give a fook and not reg'd report him to revenue also, if he's ok I'd leave him be, for the time.
    damagegt wrote: »
    Its so easy i had this same problem and i myself have been the problem.The only and best way i have ever come across to stop this is to wait for nights when your not there or gone away for a night or two and turn the speakers of your sound system against the offending wall and put on some ****ty scratched cd full blast and leave .Eye for an eye.

perhaps barry manilow? or liberace, or maybe they are so out of it they might not care, notice or even like it :eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoP2PJFi2iY&feature=related
    Its mac the knife but on repeat I can see it driving someone mad.
    Then I'd definitely move onto white noise or that mosquito sound, until they go gaga.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Nail on the head.

Also helps not to get blackout drunk.

Did it once, unnerving experience, more what I drank and not how much, wouldnt wanna do it again, not that I drink these days really.
    Fcuking delighted you are finally going to have some peace and quiet OP. I had the same issue a couple years ago with the cnuts above me. I got them evicted and then I got the next crowd evicted. Have a family above me now and they are grand. I can remember lying in bed wide awake thinking I would love to pour petrol into the letterbox and burn them all to hell. A good nights sleep is one of the most unappreciated things in life.

That might not work, given you lived below them :confused::pac:

Glad to hear its sorted, had noisy tenant neighbours, initially landlord tried to say i was a complainer, few calls to the landlord at 2 am seemed to sort it, although there was a backlash after the first call, at the second I told him prtb,court,2-4am phone calls.

Tenants came apologising, I think it gave them an excuse to keep the noisy visitors from turning up to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

TheZohan wrote: »
    It originated over in /b/, it's been around for 3-4 years. Of course some parts are slow to get the internet so it's all new to them. Nowadays using such an old, clichéd meme is the equivalent of wearing the Burberry check...you cringe and feel sorry for those that don't know how uncool it is.

Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty hipster!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

OP, glad to hear thing are sorted out.

I am curious about a couple of things though -

1, How often did you have to call the Gardaí ?

2, How often did they respond ?

3, Did they ever arrest or threaten to take your disruptive neighbour in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Lapin wrote: »
    OP, glad to hear thing are sorted out.

I am curious about a couple of things though -

1, How often did you have to call the Gardaí ?

2, How often did they respond ?

3, Did they ever arrest or threaten to take your disruptive neighbour in ?

Cheers for the replies guys, as someone said there a good nights sleep is essential. I'm a bit of a cranky cnut if I don't get at least 7hrs uninterrupted sleep.

In the time he was living next door, I called the Gardai 3 times on him. In fairness they responded every time and were extremely helpful. They never threatened to arrest 'Sean', I don't think they could as noise complaints are viewed as a civil matter. That said had they witnessed his drunken rage I'd say he'd have been detained alright but without that first hand experience of it, it was simply my word against his. TBH I got the impression the Gardai would have loved to have arrested him but their hands are tied in that regard. One of the Gardai was on all 3 of the callouts so had prior experience of the situation. I thought they were really helpful and must have made a call to the landlord to say he kicked him out of the house or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part! Anyways I'm happy to report many months of quiet nights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Bambi wrote: »
    To the casual paranoid observer that would make it look like youse orchestrated this to get them in :eek:

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Cheers for the replies guys, as someone said there a good nights sleep is essential. I'm a bit of a cranky cnut if I don't get at least 7hrs uninterrupted sleep.

In the time he was living next door, I called the Gardai 3 times on him. In fairness they responded every time and were extremely helpful. They never threatened to arrest 'Sean', I don't think they could as noise complaints are viewed as a civil matter. That said had they witnessed his drunken rage I'd say he'd have been detained alright but without that first hand experience of it, it was simply my word against his. TBH I got the impression the Gardai would have loved to have arrested him but their hands are tied in that regard. One of the Gardai was on all 3 of the callouts so had prior experience of the situation. I thought they were really helpful and must have made a call to the landlord to say he kicked him out of the house or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part! Anyways I'm happy to report many months of quiet nights :)

I'd have a problem with that. A breach of the peace is a breach of the peace.

In most other countries, your neighbour would be hauled in for the remainder of the night and probably released again in the morning with a caution for a first offence.

A second offence would probably result in a speedy court appearance with a fine handed out.

A third offence would result in another visit to court and this time the book would be thrown at the offender.

Here in Ireland the Gardaí will spout búllshít about civil issues.

And that is why your neighbour was able to go apeshít and keep you up all night.
    And that is why crime in this country is going out of control.

Advertisement