Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS online map viewer

Options
  • 11-07-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Is it it just me or those the new os maps contain no contours? I cant seem to find any overlay or zoom setting to bring up contours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They changed it recently, and have removed the 1:50k layer and replaced it with a street view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I found the same thing when I went to go looking at a new area :(

Street view, I ask you... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thats a pity..
    Aside from this, does OSi provide downloads of the aerial imagery, (i guess they charge a large fee if they do..)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

It's a pity they got rid of the map previews as they were very handy for scoping out a site if you didn't yet have the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

i presume they did these changes to cut back on losses from people just printing what they neded and not buying a map. mind you i have found that there is nothing better than geting a ma out and planning a treck or camping trip on a good old 1, 50000 scale. the maps on line can be a pain

• Advertisement
Advertisement