Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog chasing flies

Options
  • 11-07-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Hey all

My westie is driving us mad trying to catch every fly in the room
    he goes mental running all over the place
    anybody elses dog like this?
    any1 have any advice how to stop him?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

yep that and bees :),,my dog used to be driven crazy with them. I dont know how to stop her only to swat the flies your self:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sounds like he's otherwise bored.

play with him and he'll be more interested in that than the flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

get walked 3 times a day and we play with him so i wouldnt think bordom

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

in a very firm tone of voice say no or stop. always use the same word. if he persists when told not to I would try a squirt of water from a washed out washing up liquid bottle or spray to reinforce the command. harmless but effective (usually)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

gigawatt wrote: »
    in a very firm tone of voice say no or stop. always use the same word. if he persists when told not to I would try a squirt of water from a washed out washing up liquid bottle or spray to reinforce the command. harmless but effective (usually)
    cool thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement