Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths & Lost reciept

Options
  • 11-07-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am looking for a little advice here.

Bought a bugger/car seat combo from Smyths in Carrickmines about 4 months ago to be ready for baby coming along in July ( 9 days! :) ) as I didn't know if I'd have the cash ready in July. Because of the size of the house, I left it in my partner's parents place. Last week, her dad put the buggy together and noticed that the handle was broken. I've been looking for the receipt for ages but I think it's gone :( Do I have any options here? I paid by laser so there is SOME record but I have a feeling they are going to insist on the receipt or they won't help me.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Red

There should be no problems so long as you bring your statement printout from your laser card.

I've done it before and all was fine.

Tom

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hi all,

Am looking for a little advice here.

Bought a bugger/car seat combo from Smyths in Carrickmines about 4 months ago to be ready for baby coming along in July ( 9 days! :) ) as I didn't know if I'd have the cash ready in July. Because of the size of the house, I left it in my partner's parents place. Last week, her dad put the buggy together and noticed that the handle was broken. I've been looking for the receipt for ages but I think it's gone :( Do I have any options here? I paid by laser so there is SOME record but I have a feeling they are going to insist on the receipt or they won't help me.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Yep once you payed by card you should be fine as they can trace the transaction back, however if you payed by cash i don't think you will have many options open to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You need proof of purchase, which need not be a receipt. If you can find the transaction on your bank statement, then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The till system that Smyths use can run a search function for the sale amount on the day and in turn reprint the receipt for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As said you will be cool for cats with the lazer statement, used one there with them not so long back didn't even need it as they were able to find it on the till system as said. Congrats on the wee one, I have a feeling a dodgey buggy will be the least of your concerns when the baby arrives ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement