Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ante Post bets through the 2010/11 footy season

Options
  • 11-07-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I had some success on long term bets last year with 888 sport \ blue square (same odds all the time). The bets were placed haphazardly and done in accumulators. The singles posted a 126.75 return from a 100 bank with level stakes of 1.

This year I propose to keep them to singles, with a staking plan, and a structured risk portfolio.

I will be looking for some feedback from you guys but my plan is as follows:

Starting bank: 10,000

Drip: Max 1,000 points per 10 months from August to May inclusive.

Risk portfolio: this is where I need the advice - I will be placing a maximum of 1,000 points per month and would like a good mix of short, medium and long odds (to a maximum of 50\1 but most likely less than 20\1 and no minimum). I should also have limit to the exposure of any one team so as not to continue to lump points on them every month. Also unknown at this stage.

Selection process: although I follow the football I will not let my opinion influence my bets. I will simply cross check 888 sport against betfair prices. Where 888 have the same or better price than betfair (before commission) and once the selection also passes the risk portfolio criteria I will choose that selection.

I am not in for huge gains, merely a return on investment. 10 to 20% tax free would be superb. This approach needs to be disciplined in terms of staking and risk management but this is not a prob considering the bet selection is not too time consuming.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

I will start my selection process in August so I have time to research a risk portfolio and any thoughts from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement