Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Digital TV - Extra 13 euro a month

Options
  • 11-07-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

http://www.upc.ie/tvoffer/

It says 90 channels, I count 53. They must be counting the radio stations as well.

Might be handy if you can't put up a satellite / TV aerial.

If you only have broadband with UPC, you pay a Standalone Charge of €7.75 a month, so I presume you won't have to pay this charge if you get this TV option.
    So, that should only be an extra 5.25 a month for Digital TV?

Maybe the UPC guy on here can answer.

A €15 Downgrade Administration Fee will be applied anytime you downgrade any element of your service.

Subject to a minimum contract period of twelve months for all services.

A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your service during the first twelve months.

37209101.jpg

upcf.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats a pretty good deal for 13 euro a month albeit half of those channels are free on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

About 70% of those channels are free anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Hogzy wrote: »
    About 70% of those channels are free anyways.

I make it 17 out of 53 free which is 32% so stop trolling with your 70% ffs.It's a good offer for those of us with UPC broadband and phone only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I have this and broadband but Im paying 25 for the tv. 32 for the broadband. Its not the HD I have just the standard box.

Stupid question but does this mean I can change to this and pay less?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

bob123456 wrote: »

If you only have broadband with UPC, you pay a Standalone Charge of €7.75 a month, so I presume you won't have to pay this charge if you get this TV option.

I'd also like to get an answer on this. I have broadband only so I'd be silly not to take this offer if it's only 5.25 extra on top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well the standalone charge is just that, for not having TV so if you take up this TV offer the charge goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Not a bad deal seeing as your getting Digital Reception for the Irish Stations and a few decent encrypted channels. Stick that in your pipe George Hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Dman001 wrote: »
    Not a bad deal seeing as your getting Digital Reception for the Irish Stations and a few decent encrypted channels. Stick that in your pipe George Hook.

haha the Apres match of George Hook was simply class.I still laugh out loud somedays thinking about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi there bob123456

UPC build in discounts when you purchase more than one product off us. It does make more sense to bundle products for savings, but also for the fact that you have one service provider, one point of contact, one direct debit payment etc.

So yes, broadband costs €7.75 per month less when you subscribe to one of our digital tv packages. The TV packages start at €21 per month for our digital value pack, so for example, if you subscribe to a broadband product, your digital value pack will just cost an additional €13.25 per month.

If you are a current standalone broadband subscriber and now want to order digital tv, we will set that up for you and the €7.75 monthly charge will be dropped.

To go ahead with that and still get a €50 voucher as a boards user, just click here and subscribe www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Or you can cvall us on 051595143 and we will talk you through the different prices and bundles. Just mention you are a boards user and the guys will point you in the right direction for your voucher etc.

Regards

Jason

bob123456 wrote: »
    http://www.upc.ie/tvoffer/

It says 90 channels, I count 53. They must be counting the radio stations as well.

Might be handy if you can't put up a satellite / TV aerial.

37209101.jpg

upcf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi

If you are paying €25 for tv, you are subscribed to our Digital Value (€21) tier and have a Digital Plus box (€4) installed (to pause, rewind and series link)

Your broadband charge, €32 is for the 15mb product. As you are taking the two products together, you are not being charged a standalone fee of €7.75, you are in fact on the correct tier.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Jet Black wrote: »
    I have this and broadband but Im paying 25 for the tv. 32 for the broadband. Its not the HD I have just the standard box.

Stupid question but does this mean I can change to this and pay less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The €13/month offer takes into account that the broadband standalone charge has already been waived.

Digital Value (€20.75) - broadband standalone charge (€7.75) = €13

Still decent value, but not really a bargain alert.

Advertisement