Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics from the bvd youtube channel...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

94% Male, 6% female views.

Please note there is a 6% margin of error in all youtube statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Woah a 12% female audience!

I knew someone would say it. Damn you Kneecap!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm gonna give the top ten from Europe because thanks to America the world wide ones are just marvel day one videos, would be a bit boring. :)

Thus, the numbers might be all messed up... but it's better than me just posting 10 marvel vids. I will however post say the top 3 worldwide.

Number 10:

1,120 views. Few views from neo empire. Mostly from searches from the US.

Number 9

333 views. Hits from Eurogamer and SRK.com.

About 100 searches for some Cobelcog guy on this one. :)

Number 8

A personal favourite, plenty of views from the edge forums.

A good few searches for animax and cobelcog, but interestingly enough a few for "Irish Street fighters".

More to follow.

No 7...

390 views.

Most searches for the World Games cup. Strangely enough :)

Happy memories in this one.

No 6...

437 views.

This one's all boards and SF.ie :)

No 5...

521 views.

Lol greeks was spawned of of this one... I believe it was the most viewed video on my channel last time. It's not even a 6th of the top vid now.

• Advertisement

No 4...

3,318 views...

Over 2000 searches for MvC tournament... Popular on gamefaqs too.

No 3...

1,520 views.

350 from something awful, 200 from reddit.

No 2...

665 views.

Views of shoryuken.com and off capcom unity... good show old chaps :D

Loads of searches for super street fighter 4 for this one. Dunno why this one in particular.

And number 1 in Europe...

702 views.

Some from reddit, mordor, srk, and boards. happy memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thanks for the updates Brian, keep up the good work :pac::pac::pac:

I'd forgotten how much fun that Space 54 tournament was. The dog, the hype, the beers, all was good.

Orim wrote: »
    I'd forgotten how much fun that Space 54 tournament was. The dog, the hype, the beers, all was good.

Yeah, was an awesome day, start to finish. "Do you find dogs, no matter where you go?"

hidsnake subscribed to levelupseries (1 hour ago)

hidsnake subscribed to BrianVonDoom (1 hour ago)

hidsnake subscribed to TheShadowloo (1 hour ago)

hidsnake subscribed to iplaywinner (1 hour ago)

We're keeping good company these days lads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

good stuff Brian, thats some CSI **** right there.
    Hopefully by the end of the month, we will have a new site/logo/video startup logo

Hounds a beast ..... hes probly the best on my list

Watch out Hound, you're on his list

150,000 views today.

Booyah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

150,000 views today.

Booyah

That's probably me mashing refresh to see the girls' "exhibition" matches from Saturday :D

It 3 months to get the last 50,000 views.

It took 5 to get the 50 before that.

It took 16 to get the first 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Viewcounts always seem to be quite exponential :P

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Viewcounts always seem to be quite exponential :P

That's the plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Ever since you caught dabounca's fabel (fail abel) on camera, the numbers have sky rocketed.

Used this thread to find the fecking greeks video

Doom if you're not too busy, any chance of an update on the channel. Another top ten videos would be nice. I really want to know if Day 1 Marvel is still in the top list.

• Advertisement

I'll give it a shot tonight with youtube analytics for the first time, now insight is gone. I'm stuck in tonight anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Scratch that, analytics is down.

Youtube, I swear to god it's delibrately getting worse. I will certainly try to at some point soon though.

Ok, channel is about to hit 250,000 views and I'm awake early because an antihistamine tablet knocked me out around 10 last night so I thought I'd do another update to this thread.

If you want to check out details about the channel, you can see some interesting ones yourself here:

http://vidstatsx.com/BrianVonDoom/youtube-channel

as you can see the number of views etc easily there, no point me me going in to that here.

If people have any questions, I'll try and answer them from the more in depth youtube statistics.

No 10:

Mainly watched in America: Got most of its hits off references from my other videos. This one has stopped generating views so I suspect it will be overtaken by the "battle of the voice actors" vid soon which gets reposted to anime sites every now and then.

No 9:

Most popular in Russia. Got over 2,000 hits off the site mortalkombat.com.ua. Some websites seem to like to pillage my channel today for news, which is nice.

No 8:

One of my most liked videos (also one of the most fun ones to make), I'm happy to say a few of the hits are referral hits from Dagger_g and theshends tutorials (who are fairly big names if you like Remy/ Guile). Still generating hits to this day. Most popular in The States because it was front paged on SRK but also bizarrely quite popular in France (was front paged on hitcombo.com too) considering it's- er- not exactly kind to the hipster prick.

It was also posted on:
    www.electronicdojo.co.uk
    arcade-extreme.com
    www.hitconfirm.com.br
    www.pakgamers.com

so in a way this is probably an important video for exposure.

No 7:

The infamous MvC3 final where SADX taunted a 12 year old on match point then lost. Looking back at it, the level of play is higher now, but it was a really hype moment.

Quite a few views from somethingawful.com- I believe they enjoyed the post taunt comeback- also a few hits from reddit and smashboards.

This one used to get a constant stream of views from searches too- but since ultimate came out, obviously it gets less now. I don't think it will stay in the top 10 forever...

No 6:

The Evo qualifier "Double KO" moment between Stevo and Hound. This is the most viewed match footage SSF4 video on my channel (There's so much more competition for SF4 vids than other games) and it still generates a few views every day to this day.

The biggest repost was from being front paged on SRK, but has also popped up on:

testyourmight.com
    www.neoempire.com
    www.hitcombo.com
    www.mordor-mashup.com
    www.arcadiafighters.net
    versus-scotland.co.uk
    fighters.com.br

so it was another important one for getting our names out there.

It's also another video with a high proportion of likes.

No 5:

Most popular in America and Brazil off the back of searches and it shows. The comments are full of wonderfully ignorant and unpleasant Mk scrubs. But then that's a side effect of having even a minutely popular youtube video.

My favourite comment is kneecap calling one a chinless wonder, lol

No 4:

The only video I've ever deactivated comments for- was getting tired of the moaning in my in box- there's not much more to say about this than the one above, save that for some mad reason despite everyone apparently hating it, it's still getting about 100 hits a month to this day.

No 3:

My only front page on eventhubs so far, this one is also still generating hits (300 in the last month), which is weird because who still needs to know the 2012 changes?

Anyway, loads of hits from eventscrubs, also:

twfighter.com
    shoryuken.com
    facebook.com (must have gotten a couple of shares, over 100 views there)
    hitcombo.com
    streetfighterfrance.com

Plenty of search hits too, although primarily the views are from reposting.

No 2:

This video only seems to be increasing in popularlity over time, which is weird as it's- er- not exactly the best example of MK play our lads are capable of, and doyler is trolling away on commentary.

It's popularity continuing to grow means it will probably soon become the most popular vid on the channel. What are you going to do :) It's had 1,000 views in the last month...

While it was posted on TYM, the vast majority of views are from searches for "MK9 tournament". I guess I got lucky with googles search algorithm.

No 1...

An early example of Phoenix tech which got reposted a lot at the time. It's time generating views is ending though, with less than 100 in the last month, so it may begin to slowly drift away from the top spot soon.

Unusually enough though- this one featured on 4chan and gamefaqs!

Still, 8,000 of it's views came from searches. As Ultimate came out, they died off... so it won't be champ forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

3 really old mk vids in the top10, thats strange,
    weres my baraka yo :pac: lol

they weren't posted on TYM either doom, that tourny was before i joined the scene (unless someone else sent them to storms at the time :o)

3 really old mk vids in the top10, thats strange,
    weres my baraka yo :pac: lol

they weren't posted on TYM either doom, that tourny was before i joined the scene (unless someone else sent them to storms at the time :o)

Well, newer vids are rarely gonna be in the top few as views build up over time :)

what amazes me though is that videos with...er... lower quality of play seem to survive well.

A nice comment from someone who was looking for Hound videos.

"Thank you sir I just watched a bunch. I like your channel too you have great matches. I'm from USA, so I knew almost nothing about the Irish FGC, or any FGC from that corner of the world to be honest. your crew has good commentary (sorry, I'm still trying to know everyone that goes through and commentates your vids) and has lots of good players. Once again keep up the good work and thanks a lot for sharing that information with me. its good to know people like you are out there willing to help"

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Well the channel is certainly doign well :D Im actually going to start up with my own channel pretty soon, i have the recording down, and i have my method for commentary sorted out so im gonna try and have some fun with that, maybe some day ill be able to match those stats.

Advertisement