Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rats in drainage system

Options
  • 11-07-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All

I have had rats in the drain leading to the sewer for two years. There is a cover which you can left if the drains block and there is always rat droppings. On two occasions I have actually seen them. They dont appear to be in the house or the garden. Are they coming from the sewer and if so should they be able to. Can they enter the house through the toilet. I tried poison and each time they are taking it and they were gone for around two months but are back. Should I conatct the county council

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There was a thread on this subject a few years ago. :)

Yes I believe the council will provide traps if it poses a health risk, also you would want to be careful not to expose yourselves to puddles, areas where rats pi"ss in case you pick up Weills disease.

Maybe consider getting a cat.

Advertisement