Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any more military re-enactments/festivals in Ireland in 2010?

• 11-07-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Seems that i keep missing any re-enactment events or gatherings of military vehicles and memorabilia that take place in Ireland, for example that which took place in the Curragh in May, those in Duncannon in Wexford in June and the Dads Army show in Leopardstown in June.
    Can anyone tell me if there are any more events like these organised anywhere in Ireland during the rest of 2010?
    I'm not really keen on missing any more and having to wait til next year to have some hope of catching them then :)
    Thanks everyone!
    DG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Does anyone have a schedule of whats coming up in 2011 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭acmatman

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Drugness wrote: »
    Seems that i keep missing any re-enactment events or gatherings of military vehicles and memorabilia that take place in Ireland, for example that which took place in the Curragh in May, those in Duncannon in Wexford in June and the Dads Army show in Leopardstown in June.
    Can anyone tell me if there are any more events like these organised anywhere in Ireland during the rest of 2010?
    I'm not really keen on missing any more and having to wait til next year to have some hope of catching them then :)
    Thanks everyone!
    DG

Far as I know the Duncannon event is set annually for the same weekend (June weekend I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭acmatman

The dates for the Military Vehicle Club of Ireland show at the Curragh racecourse are 7/8 May 2011 it does not clash with any other military show regards, Robin Payne, Secretary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellow oscar

M V C I CURRAGH SHOW MAY 7th 8th
    DUNCANNON JUNE 4th 5th 6th
    LEOPARDSTOWN HOSPITAL DADS ARMY SHOW JUNE 4th 5th
    SALUTE SHOW NATIONAL SHOW GROUNDS NEW DATE AUG 6th 7th
    The last 2 shows are run by I M V G .MORE INFO CHECK OUT FACEBOOK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 jenny102

The Salute 2011 Show, which has been run by The Irish Military Vehicles Group for the last number of years, is taking place on 6th and 7th of August at the National Show Centre, Swords, Co. Dublin, which has proven to be the perfect location.

All are welcome to attend or take part in Salute 2011. Should you need any further information or clarification please do not hesitate to contact Ken Blair on 087 6872389

The Irish Military Vehicles Group wishes to state that it is not involved in and will not be taking any part in the show scheduled to take place in Malahide Castle on 27th and 28th of August. This show is a commercial venture being run by Media Team and Sean Curtis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Netanya

jenny102 wrote: »
    The Irish Military Vehicles Group wishes to state that it is not involved in and will not be taking any part in the show scheduled to take place in Malahide Castle on 27th and 28th of August. This show is a commercial venture being run by Media Team and Sean Curtis.

The Salute! 2011 show being run at Malahide castle is not a commercial venture, nor is it being run by Media Team.

For further information, see the Salute! 2011 facebook page; http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110658315685575

187780_110658315685575_2942196_n.jpg
    Salute! 2011 will this year be held in the exciting grounds of Malahide Castle.

Malahide's Historic castle set in 279 acres of parkland. Includes tours, history, model railway exibition, banquets, restaurant, ghosts and from this August 27th and 28th the new home for the Salute! Military Vehicle and Reenactment Spectacular.

See all your favourite vehicles, displays and re-enactments from previous Salute! shows and more, including the famous Chieftain Tank as used in James Bond - Goldeneye.

A great day out for all the Family, big kids and little alike. Looking forward to seeing you there.
    For more information on how to be part of the show, feel free to PM myself or comment on the facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Netanya wrote: »
    For more information on how to be part of the show, feel free to PM myself or comment on the facebook page.

So there are now two Salute shows? Which one is run by the yahoos who've been running the one in Swords the last few years? That one was a disgrace.

The Salute show that has been run over the last few years has been run by The Irish Military Vehicles Group, "organised" by our "Show Organiser" Sean Curtis. Sean is running his own show in Malahide Castle this year.

http://www.mediateam.ie/content.aspx?ID=40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Netanya

I'm sorry but I think you will find that that link has been present on the Media Team website for several years. As initially this show was run in conjunction with Media Team. It's unfortunate that their website developer hasn't updated their site and removed that link but I would like to clarify that Salute! 2011 at Malahide Castle is not being run in conjunction with Media Team but by the newly formed Association of Irish Miltary Enthusiasts.

• Advertisement

How many military vehicles groups can Ireland feasibly support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The Salute 2011 Show, which has been run by The Irish Military Vehicles Group for the last number of years, is taking place on 6th and 7th of August at the National Show Centre, Swords, Co. Dublin, which has proven to be the perfect location.
    The Salute show that has been run over the last few years has been run by The Irish Military Vehicles Group, "organised" by our "Show Organiser" Sean Curtis. Sean is running his own show in Malahide Castle this year.

Convenient how you claim it as an IMVG show when it suits you but then blame everything on Sean the minute anyone says anything bad about the show....

State facts and allow people to make up their own minds, stop trying to force your opinion on others.

Netanya wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I think you will find that that link has been present on the Media Team website for several years. As initially this show was run in conjunction with Media Team. It's unfortunate that their website developer hasn't updated their site and removed that link but I would like to clarify that Salute! 2011 at Malahide Castle is not being run in conjunction with Media Team but by the newly formed Association of Irish Miltary Enthusiasts.

Indeed, I see no need for Media Team to update their site, if you read the page in context, it is essentially a Resumé of shows which they have been involved in, past and present.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

[Mod]It seems to me that the debate over which group has entitlement to the name "Salute" is something either for the mediators or the court system and is not going to get sorted out here.

Therfore, until some solution is determined by the appropriate real-world authorities, the two shows shall be termed, on this military forum, at least,

"The Malahide Show" or "The AIME Show"
    And
    "The Swords Show" or "The IMVG Show"

Or something of those lines.

"Salute" does not exist here.[/Mod]

NTM

Please **** off shilling, they're always ****e. They always have been; they always will be.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Calm down. It's appropriate to the thread. Of course, you may post a review if you wish

NTM

The IMVG Swords Military Show, National Show Centre, Swords on Sunday 7th August from 10am to 6pm.

This is a charity event in aid of Leopardstown Park Hospital, which is home to some WWII Veterans to this day.

See a host of military vehicles as well as battle re-enactments from several different time periods.

Trade stalls, paintballing etc. Fun for all the family. Admission €5 per person, children U12 go free.

See IMVG on facebook for further information https://www.facebook.com/IrishMilitaryVehiclesGroup

Re-enactment weekend in Charles Fort, Kinsale featuring The Irish Military Vehicles Group. https://www.facebook.com/IrishMilitaryVehiclesGroup

All welcome, here's hoping for another great weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Is that this weekend in kinsale?

I heard malahide castle hosting this weekend too

• Advertisement

1966 wrote: »
    Is that this weekend in kinsale?

I heard malahide castle hosting this weekend too

Hi 1966, yes, Salute! is on in Malahide Castle this weekend, unfortunately we do clash with Kinsale, but traditionally I believe Kinsale is primarily re-enactors. Salute! is good mix of both re-enactors and vehicle displays.

Also, Well done to all from AIME, The Great War Society and the IMRG who were on TV3's Ireland AM this morning promoting salute, we're off now to begin the set up, hope to see some of you there.

IMVG Donation to Veterans Support Group, Leopardstown Hospital
    Please see following link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

The Irish Military Vehicles Group wishes to thank all those who supported our show

Advertisement