Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2:What are the perks

Options
  • 11-07-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

:)I Would like to buy this game,whats the difference between this and MW2,
    ive heard pretty good reviews and my brother who has it also says its good,what are the differences

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BC2 has tanks, helicopters, buggys, etc while MW2 doesn't have any vehicles.

BC2 is IMHO more teamplay orientated but some, including players of BC2, don't really care about that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no nonsense like akimbo shotguns, martyrdom, nukes etc. Camping isn't beneficial. Proper dedicated servers, you're not relying on another players connection quality. More players, bigger maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I've really only gotten into it in the last week, when I bought it first I played it a few times got killed loads and after a whole game might of have only a couple of kills very frustrating but that's because I was basing my experience on MW2.

Now I know you don't have to be an all out and out run and gun you have to be a more cautious player and play in a squad waiting for the kill to come to you. You get loads of points for different things, helping your team-mates, gaining flags, fixing tanks and I like the extra vehicles now that I'm getting used to the Tanks and the helicopter. Some games now I mightn't get many kills but will still have loads of points on the leader board because of all the other stuff.

Here's a good video comparing the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MW2: Player hiding in house, sniping people
    Solution: sneak up, and kill, or snipe him when his head pops up.

BC2: Player hiding in house, sniping people
    Solution1: Shoot rocket at house. Destory wall, and kill player.
    Solution2: Fire lots of rockets at house, bring down house. Player, and all his mates in the house get crushed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well I have played MW2 since xmas and only started on BC2 last night.

MW2 is more fast paced and intuative, BC2 is slow and methodical.

My main reason for trying BC2 is for sniping, it always appealed to me but proper sniping is non existant in MW2, too many children quick scoping however in BC2 the maps are perfect for realistic sniping. The shooting mechanics or very gratifying as you need skill (or in my case luck) to get a kill, when you do you honestly feel like a complete bad ass sniper.

Down sides are the weapon choices in BC2 are very questionable. Seems like they looked at the usuall FPS weapon load outs and said "we'll be different and use the lesser known weapons mostly" .... the reason they are lesser known is cause they are crap. Playing a fps we want to feel like the hard men from teh movies we glorify and having the same weapon is a major part of that so IMO BC2 is a let down there.

In contrast its def a more mature shooter but I guess its what your in the moode for? Quick gratification and loud noise dumbassery but fun..... or slow realistic tactical gameplay thats a slow burner thats also fun but in a different way.

Teen or milf .... hhhmmmmm. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hightower1 wrote: »

My main reason for trying BC2 is for sniping, it always appealed to me but proper sniping is non existant in MW2, too many children quick scoping however in BC2 the maps are perfect for realistic sniping. The shooting mechanics or very gratifying as you need skill (or in my case luck) to get a kill, when you do you honestly feel like a complete bad ass sniper.

You'll probably find something of a culture of hate against snipers in BC2. And it's not completely unjustified, since someone sniping from 500m isn't arming MCOM's, putting out sensor balls or seizing control points. The semi-auto T88 and full auto VSS will allow you to work in closer though.

If you're on PC, stick your name on the name thread so people can add you to the friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Spear wrote: »
    You'll probably find something of a culture of hate against snipers in BC2. And it's not completely unjustified, since someone sniping from 500m isn't arming MCOM's, putting out sensor balls or seizing control points. The semi-auto T88 and full auto VSS will allow you to work in closer though.

If you're on PC, stick your name on the name thread so people can add you to the friends list.

only on xbox unfortunatly. I agree with what your saying though, its too easy become "selfish" being a sniper but I suppose a good sniper will throw some motion sensors on the way to snipe spots and then use spot scope to help the team from their vantage point. Would also allow for some flank cover for the team also along with placement of c4 on vehicals on the way to vantage points. I think a little bit of consideration and team thinking can earn some respect in the game, just taking the time to lay sensors and plant c4 on the way to your snipe position will help. once your there you can assist in different ways.

only on xbox unfortunatly. I agree with what your saying though, its too easy become "selfish" being a sniper.

Being selfish and contributing don't need to be mutually exclusive at least. The sensor balls give 20 points for a kill of someone they detect, and 40 if it's done by a squad mate. Throwing one into a busy point can rake in the points before you add in the badges they also accrue.

On the C4, as a general note, C4 isn't limited to recon. Assault using the general weapons, i.e. shotguns, G3, M1, M14 also get C4 to make up for the 40mm GL loss.

Also get yourself veteran 1 status to unlock the M1, it's an excellent weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Well I have played MW2 since xmas and only started on BC2 last night.

MW2 is more fast paced and intuative, BC2 is slow and methodical.

Down sides are the weapon choices in BC2 are very questionable. Seems like they looked at the usuall FPS weapon load outs and said "we'll be different and use the lesser known weapons mostly" .... the reason they are lesser known is cause they are crap. Playing a fps we want to feel like the hard men from teh movies we glorify and having the same weapon is a major part of that so IMO BC2 is a let down there.

In contrast its def a more mature shooter but I guess its what your in the moode for? Quick gratification and loud noise dumbassery but fun..... or slow realistic tactical gameplay thats a slow burner thats also fun but in a different way.

Teen or milf .... hhhmmmmm. :D

Isnt it a good thing that they used some different weapons? Also i dont see how any of them are crap or even rarely utilised in games. All the shotguns are common, the Steyr AUG, M16A1, M1 Garand, UMP, Scar-L, XM8, I would say there is nothing unusual about the pistols, M24, M95, pp2000, Uzi, PKM.

I think theyre all good and common weapons :p There are a couple of oddballs but frankly i think your view on weapons is off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Down sides are the weapon choices in BC2 are very questionable.
    Sounds like someone got drilled in the head :P :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement