Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy blues

• 11-07-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I have the pregnancy blues really bad. I found out I was pregnant really early at 4 week and 2 days and now I'm 10 weeks 2 days. I've had no sickness at all but tears and hormonal moments, tiredness and more blues. I'm really delighted to be pregnant, excited, delighted, loads of plans, etc but the hormonal moments are really getting me down, Im in bed sobbing with a few silly pains in my pelvis and back.

I said to my OH the other day that I bet there is another girl out there pregnant getting sick non stop all day who would probably love to trade the sickness for the blues so I'm trying not to give out about them.

Nervous about them though, afraid that the fact I have them that I will more than likely get them after I have the baby. This scares me the most. Is there any girls out there pregnant but down in the dumps or any girls who've had the blues while pregnant and didnt go on to get postnatal depression?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

You can have the most perfect happy, not a care in the world pregnancy and still go on to get Post Natal Depression (PND)

You're at a stage now where you've been pregnant for so long and apart from an initial pregnancy test, theres not much else happening to let you know that you are pregnant. You know in your head that theres still a long way to go and it feels like you'll be 100 years old before you meet this baby! In a few weeks you'll start to get a little bump and a few weeks later you'll start to feel little flutters and thats when your pregnancy will become more real and hopefully your spirits will lift.

I always say that time worrying about things that haven't happened or 'might' happen is time wasted, but if you are very worried about PND, talk to your GP or the Doctor at your first antenatal appointment. Almost every mother gets the baby blues and this is due to hormones so you can expect that anyway! And at the end of the day, so what if you get PND! As long as you are ready to admit that you feel like you are depressed, it is very easily treated and I don't think theres as much stigma attached to it these days!

I hope everything works out for you. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

that was lovely advice CCl, thank you for taking the time to write it, you hit the nail on the head.

Thank you x

Advertisement