Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook courses

Options
  • 11-07-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anybody tell me please whether they know of any courses on Facebook in Galway or within the general vicinity? Many thanks.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

You can do a course on Facebook? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Like, how to use Facebook?
    http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-use-facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yvonnemullaney

Hi that is what I am trying to establish.

Do you mean for creating apps? I doubt there's any to be honest..

• Advertisement

If you're just wanting to know how begin to use facebook, check out the video in the link above.

More on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCa7e_jsvQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Yeah was gonna say if ya just You Tube it, I'd say there should be demonstrative "How-to" Clips on there that'll help ya along the way with the various aspects of Facebook.

In fairness since the new layout came in, I'm finding Fb a tad on the impatient side, it's nearly impossible to find anything, and search stuff. Plus they are continuously changing it even now every freakin' day, and it's not gettin' any easier i.m.o. I wonder is Myspace any good? It doesn't seem as popular though. Bebo was so easily accessible, it was great I thought, such a pity it's had its' day.

On a side-note what's the buzz with Fb becoming a Paysite does anyone know?! Wasn't that rumoured to come into effect mid-July .....

Can anybody tell me please whether they know of any courses on Facebook in Galway or within the general vicinity? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

On a side-note what's the buzz with Fb becoming a Paysite does anyone know?! Wasn't that rumoured to come into effect mid-July .....

No, It is lie people say to make people to join groups/pages against it so they can just market apps/ringtone services to them

Facebook will never go pay based, they are making too huge an amount off advertising to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Are you trying to create an individual facebook site for your estate agent business? You can't really edit/change a facebook profile that much, they all look pretty much the same. I put your emails on my spam list btw op. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

PFH do courses in Facebook. Give them a ring and ask for Annette or Emma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

OP, my mother uses facebook. She's nearly 60 and she's not big into computers. Neither my sister nor I showed her how to do it, either.

It's not that difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Let me get this correct,a course on how to use facebook? Is this for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ozil

Mr.Mister wrote: »

Not once did she state she was looking to do a course on how to use facebook, she said she was trying to establish if any courses relating to facebook exist.

There is a huge API behind facebook and looking at the complexity of some of the apps (zynga, etc) and the emerging use of iphone like mobile phones, it could be quite advantageous knowing the inner workings of FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr.Mister wrote: »

Yes, it's for real. Just like there are courses teaching people to use Word, Excel, Outlook etc (yawn!)

As well as the "joe user" training, there is also a serious industry training business/marketing type people how to use Facebook (and other social media tools) to promote their businesses. Ballybane Enterprise Centre have run some, I know, and possibly Damien Mulley has run some too.

OP, if you're doing market / competitor research, I'd suggest being a little more transparent about it. Sometimes folks here don't take kindly to commercial interests that register accounts on boards just to do business, without making a contribution to the boards community first.

For the price of a couple pints I'm sure someone here can go through how to set up an account with you.

If you're interested in writing FB apps then there are some good? tutorials on the net http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=writing+facebook+applications Also the people in Web could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

To be honest, without more of a understanding what the OP wants its hard to give our opions. From what I know, no there isnt any facebook courses around galway, both in actualy undersatndinga nd running facebook and anything to do with development in applications that deal with its API.

Advertisement