Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug Addict No More...

Options
  • 11-07-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello my name is Shauneym and i am a Nicotine Addict.....
    as I sit here typing this post, I remind myself of how many times before I have tried to stop.
    What is different this time, will this time finaly work am I strong enough.
    Well I say this, ENOUGH is ENOUGH I cannot take my addiction anymore, I cannot take my life being controlled by something I dont need, something that is killing me,something that has all but bankrupted me, something that has made me feel like I am a smelly worthless social outcast.
    Well I am not and now its time to turn my life around, 1-2 packs a day for over 30 years, has made my life a misery, so far i have escaped the many killer medical condition's caused by smoking but I am not young anymore and I dont want to die for a long time NO I want to live a long while yet and enjoy all of life with health and wealth.
    I have just listened to Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking, and my god what a revalation, how stupid or gullible are smokers for whatever stupid reason we fell into the trap and believed all its bull****.
    I am an Addict and I know it will be a fight, but not as hard as I always thought it will be, take it one day at a time finaly my head is in the right place now and I have my quit plan ready, so tonight I go to bed smelly and a smoker but tommorow when I get up I shall smile and greet the day with " good morning world I am a non smoker " but I am not niave enough not to want support, so I humbly ask all here to help me overcome this nightmare addiction.Thank you to all that reply.
    shauneym...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Best decision you will ever make. You should have a good read through other threads in this forum as it's helpful to read about other people's experiences. Well done for deciding once and for all. That's often the hardest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Great decision to quit and might I add another very good decision to come to this forum, I know that for myself and many others,the process would have been immeasurably more difficult without the help and support of this community. Good luck with your quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

best of luck Shauneym! If you're looking for support, this is the place for it. Im off them a week now, and thats mostly because of the good folks here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Best of luck dude. I was the same. 24 years smoking up to 5 months ago. It's not easy but it's definately worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Fantastic attitude - go for it!
    I am smober a week now - and yes it is tough but worth it.

The support you will get from this forum is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Best of luck OP. I only found success when my mind was ready to take it on and it seems that you have reached the same stage. You will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Hey, just checking in with ya, its been a week now so how are ya holding up? I'm sure I speak for most here when I say we'll do what we can to help you through this, just let us know ok?
    Good luck with your quit!

Advertisement