Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine broadband problem?

• 11-07-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Anyone using Imagine broadband in Dublin having issues the last two days?
    Like a DNS problem - some sites load, some don't.
    Seeing the same issue on all boardband devices in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Same thing here but I am on Irish Broadband, its not DNS as I have changed my DNS settings to open DNS, Googles (8.8.8.8) and others and still doesn't work. Google itself seems to open and maybe one or two other odd sites but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Same thing here but I am on Irish Broadband

Irish Broadband is Imagine.

Which service are you both using? Imagine has several Internet connection options; Breeze, Breezemax, Wimax, Ripwave and DSL.

jor el,
    Well aware that they are the same, but I would presume that at some point they are separate.
    I am using their IBBs dsl service, my user name is <removed>
    standard DNS servers 62.231.32.10 and 89.124.172.10, but as I said I have changed these to different ones. Packet loss to my gateway is approx 15% as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no, they start separate at user and then all probably go via same core, edge routers, INEX etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

There's been an issue in eircom's core network affecting some DSL connections since Friday morning. This is affecting any bitstream DSL services, so all non-llu dsl connections may be affected, including eircom.net and every other isp.

It's pretty random on who is getting affected and who isn't, but any connections that are affected are seeing up to 40% packet loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

So pretty much everything except UPC and non-bitstream from Magnet and Digiweb. AFAIK those three the only ones with major non-eircom core networks of their own and their own voice switching gateways also.

Just got confirmed in what Moriarty was saying!
    Jaaaaysus since Friday, thats bad form. Ah well as long as I know its not something my end ;)

Advertisement