Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band practice in LIT??

Options
  • 11-07-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone knows is there a place available in LIT for bands to practice, such as the music studio or anything like that. Or is it just for the music society to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You could ask about using the student union building. I know there was a cheap ass drum kit upstairs.

Not too sure about using the studios for band practice unless you are recording it though. Nothing annoys me more than somebody using the live rooms for 2 hours farting about and not recording when there are people with projects to be done crying out for the 2 hours!

And next year the security will (hopefully) be tighter so unless you're a music tech or vid & sound student, I think it'll be harder to get access to the Studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

Ive seen that drum kit alright.:) . Might be worth looking into. Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

If you're living out that far you could look into getting a house that didn't have too many neighbours. I'm in LIT, but I live in the city. I've no neighbors and I've found it's the handiest thing having your gear set up at all times.

Advertisement