Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In This Moment - A Star Crossed Wasteland

Options
  • 11-07-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's at least one other fan of In This Moment on here so I thought I'd put a thread for discussion on their new album A Star Crossed Wasteland. Here's the video for the first song, The Gun Show:

From what I've heard so far the new album is pretty similar to their previous releases which is a good thing ;).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ha! cool! sounds good alright, iv liked their previous album so hopefully this will be as good. :) the lead singers quite hot too tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I will definitely be getting this album when it comes out. I love In This Moment.

Maria's vocals sound alot like Tarrie B on this song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I didnt even know they had a new album coming out.

I love their first album, wasnt as bothered by the other album "the dream" when she did more clean vocals. Ill deffo get this when it comes out though.

Also. As im sure I have mentioned in many a thread here already, maria brink is one of the hottest women in metal! (now THAT would make an interesting thread :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I didnt even know they had a new album coming out.
    Neither did I until I saw it listed for release somewhere (I can't remember the site).
    Max Power1 wrote:
    I love their first album, wasnt as bothered by the other album "the dream" when she did more clean vocals. Ill deffo get this when it comes out though.
    There's a mixture of songs on this album. Some softer stuff which you probably won't like but I think it provides a interesting contrast to the more up-tempo stuff like The Gun Show.
    Max Power1 wrote:
    Also. As im sure I have mentioned in many a thread here already, maria brink is one of the hottest women in metal! (now THAT would make an interesting thread :P )
    Yes, she certainly has a lovely pair of eyes ;).

Malice_ wrote: »

There's a mixture of songs on this album. Some softer stuff which you probably won't like but I think it provides a interesting contrast to the more up-tempo stuff like The Gun Show.

Apparently (as per wiki :rolleyes:) its released tomorrow. I might buy this rather than "acquiring" it.

The contrasting styles is exactly why I liked them in the first place. The heavier stuff and growled vocals was balanced out by softer songs like "when the storm subsides" - which is probably my fave song by them.

Yes, she certainly has a lovely pair of eyes ;).

aye, indeed!
    Theres also something strangely attractive about a woman that can sing growling vocals like she does.

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Apparently (as per wiki :rolleyes:) its released tomorrow. I might buy this rather than "acquiring" it.
    You could always do both :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Just giving it my first listen. Have to say, I'm liking it so far.

On reflection, the additional male vocals on a few of the songs annoy me. I think the songs would be better off without them.

On reflection, the additional male vocals on a few of the songs annoy me. I think the songs would be better off without them.
    +1

Finally got around to getting this earlier today, currently listening to it and I have to agree. Where the hell did the male vocals come from?

Anyway, my favourite track so far has to be "the gun show", a surprisingly heavy song.

Also, Im glad to see she's gone back to doing more of the screamed vocals - they were missing alot on the last album.

Advertisement