Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Gym Near Dunboyne

Options
  • 11-07-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Dunboyne next week and need a gym for my days off. Is there any decent gyms with squat racks, heavy-ish weights etc. nearby or would TF and westpoint be the nearest?

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

As well as the ones you mentioned, there's also Crunch Fitness in Westmanstown which would be close enough.

I was in a gym upstairs in the community centre in Dunboyne village which would obviously be dead handy for you - it was cheap as well compared with the big fancy gyms, and a good alternative if you are not interested in the pool. Whether it's still operating or not now I don't know - was about 10 years ago I was in it. This may help although the link could be ancient.

I see Dunboyne Castle also have a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Although I haven't been, the gym upstairs in the community centre is still there (or at least it was a few months ago!).

If that doesn't suit you though, you can always hop on the 70/270 down to the Blanch Centre and go to Westpoint. I know a fair few people do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Cheers everyone. I drive so tf is an option. I don't think the community one has enough weights etc as far as I've been told.
    Will check out the castle gym too

Advertisement