Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged for hot water 2 heat a baby's bottle in cork airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Actually .. thinking about it they treat my dog better on the continent than they treat kids/babies in Ireland.

Dog:
    European Passport: 8 euros - Can travel to Ireland, UK pretty easily (once shots are up to date)
    Can Travel on buses, trains, trams for free, regional KLM flights on your lap.
    Gets free water and doggie treats in most stores.
    Health insurance costs 35 euros for the year.
    Gets taken to a compound for 3 hours a day for exercise and training (thats about 7 quid a day but well worth it) ..
    Can go pretty much anywhere, except 2 large supermarket chains, where you can only bring your small dog in your arms or leave at the doggy tie up area outside.

How many stores in Ireland would give free water and treats for your Kids :P
    Dutch are also mental about giving out Coffee and Tea to people as part of the shopping experience.

You left out that the dog will generally live for about 10 years and you just buy a new one when they die.

Dogs are not kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Let's just cut to the chase and say we don't like babies and/or kids in this country.

Maybe you don't, but lets not brand everyone with your narrow minded view of Irish people, because you don't speak for all of us.
    Mainland Europe? Not a problem.

No problem wiith what exactly? I've been to Europe many times, and I've never noticed hordes of people tripping over each other to provide hot water for starving babies. Strange, I must have missed that. In fact, I've never gotten anything for free from a business premises. If anything, the retailers in European cities know full well how to charge for everything, especially at Airports.
    Here? Cue much throwing of hands in the air and invoking commercial rent rates/insurance premiums/public safety issues.

Business costs money. Are you saying it's free to do business in the rest of Europe, or that they simply don't worry about irrelevant things like business expenses? Because I can assure you, they do.
    ...also add to the mix the various indignant rants of singletons decrying why parent and child parking spaces are made available and their moral right to claim said spaces.

Who's on a rant now? Oh that's right, you are. A trolly one at that. What parent and child parking spaces that nobody mentioned, or single people, that nobody mentioned, have to do with this topic I don't know. It seems you're carrying some sort of chip on your shoulder, but I don't know what or why.
    You know what? At the end of the day your mum had to actually struggle you around the place

No, she didn't. She was always prepared when she took the children out, and always paid for whatever was needed. Maybe your mother had to struggle with a truculent child, but once again, you don't speak for everyone.
    So be a little considerate.

How about a little consideration for the business struggling to stay afloat in a time of economic crisis. Or some consideration for the baby who's parents bring him off without a single notion of how they might prepare his food come feeding time?
    European Passport: 8 euros - Can travel to Ireland, UK pretty easily (once shots are up to date)
    Can Travel on buses, trains, trams for free, regional KLM flights on your lap.
    Gets free water and doggie treats in most stores.
    Health insurance costs 35 euros for the year.
    Gets taken to a compound for 3 hours a day for exercise and training (thats about 7 quid a day but well worth it) ..
    Can go pretty much anywhere, except 2 large supermarket chains, where you can only bring your small dog in your arms or leave at the doggy tie up area outside.

A dog is not a human though, and you can't compare the two. Anywhere that serves food would generally not allow animals in. The rules for animals on airlines vary from one to the other, but is no different in Ireland than it is in the rest of Europe. The animal must travel in a box or crate and in the cargo hold. Would you put your baby in a box in the cargo hold?
    How many stores in Ireland would give free water and treats for your Kids

A bucket of water on the floor is hardly suitable for the children though, is it?

This Utopian view of everywhere that isn't Ireland is quite laughable, and quite sad.

Advertisement