Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C16 - Limbo List

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

I can't understand why they did not go out same time as the Dear Johns ?

Folks it's been a while since I first applied in C13 and I'm still yet to receive a 'Dear John' from C14 even though I've been in it for nearly 3 years!! The only thing I can say with any certainty is that nothing is certain. I gave up trying to make sense of the application process long ago.

The only thing I can find in common with all the applicants is we all do an IST followed by AC then Medical/SMT and Vetting. What happens after we send away the vetting pack is anyone's guess - how candidates are appointed is even more of a mystery.

Keep positive thoughts everyone but carry on with you day to day and sit back and wait from the next letter to come (even if it is more confusing than the last!)

Not over until the fat lady sings (and she comes in the form of a Dear John!)

TV
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I know I'm not out yet, but with a merit place of 430-450 I don't think I'll make it in this campaign.

I was thinking about what some people have said about how many people don't turn up to medical.

If it was true that 3-4 fail to attend per day - surely they'd have got much further down the merit list for vetting and medicals than they have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

congrats on passing the medical, how long after doing it did u have to wait for the results? so reading the news it seems to suggest that the prime minister has agreed with the budget on policing in NI. from my understanding that means that the police budget wont be cut, and if is then wont be as bad as expected. or have i misread that completely?

Got results within a week of medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wonderboy86

pathway wrote: »
    Got results within a week of medical.

thanks very much...got my letter through also saying i was medically fit so fingers crossed from here onwards then.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Have you done vetting and medical wanadrum?

RC or NRC? Your place would have been pretty decent for a RC in previous campaigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

wanadrum, I also got a similar letter today. I got the impression somebody didn't know if I was RC or non-RC.

The paragraph in bold made me think that "I would be grateful if you would notify us of any changes in your personal circumstances that were not reflected in your initial application. Failure to do so may affect the final outcome of your application."

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but my circumstances could be slightly confusing to someone looking at them without all the facts.

wanadrum, I also got a similar letter today. I got the impression somebody didn't know if I was RC or non-RC.

The paragraph in bold made me think that "I would be grateful if you would notify us of any changes in your personal circumstances that were not reflected in your initial application. Failure to do so may affect the final outcome of your application."

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but my circumstances could be slightly confusing to someone looking at them without all the facts.

Wording in my letter was the same .... I interpreted this differently though.
    Still , its got me thinking did I omit something from my initial application ? puzzled. Glad I'm not the only one though .

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

your thinking far to much into this, this was just a letter confirming what people on here already know that they made the psni merit pool and i think they mean if you move home or change numbers they cant contact you offering a job and if you havent got a medical you will soon enough November is basically upon us and no one has heard of a intake this month and someone said they dont recuit in december so just like the freeze situation get comfy as its gonna be at least 2 months now

B182 wrote: »
    your thinking far to much into this, this was just a letter confirming what people on here already know that they made the psni merit pool and i think they mean if you move home or change numbers they cant contact you offering a job and if you havent got a medical you will soon enough November is basically upon us and no one has heard of a intake this month and someone said they dont recuit in december so just like the freeze situation get comfy as its gonna be at least 2 months now

I guess this whole thing has got us suffering from paranoia.. Thanks for your settling words.icon7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

B182 is correct - this refers to changes like splitting from a partner , losing your job , incurring a Fixed penalty , etc.
    An obvious one would be a change of address - you'd be amazed how many people screw that one up and forget to notify P.S.N.I. of having moved , then they wonder why they never hear anything back......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

wanadrum wrote: »
    I know I'm not out yet, but with a merit place of 430-450 I don't think I'll make it in this campaign.

I was thinking about what some people have said about how many people don't turn up to medical.

If it was true that 3-4 fail to attend per day - surely they'd have got much further down the merit list for vetting and medicals than they have?

I'm not sure they would be much further down the list - we know that medicals are only being done 2 days a week with 16 appointments per day , allow for 4 no shows a day that means only 24 a week are being done , say medicals have been ongoing for 4 months that means less than 400 have actually been done ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pjd82

Hi all.

I received a letter today from PSNI stating that "in your particular case the Chief Constable is not in a position to determine whether an offer can be made to you or not. This is based on the fact that the number of appointments that can be made from this qualifying pool is unknown at this time".

Has anyone else received this letter? Any thoughts on what this actually means?

Quite confusing!!:confused:

Hi bakerboy - I'm nrc and no vetting or medical yet.

I also got this letter.

I-m pretty sure it means you passed ac, and well enough to not get a dear john depending on your community background, but not well enough to be top of the pile.

As they don't know how many recruits they are taking on from this campaign, and they don't know how many who have done better than you that will fail either vetting or medical they won't send a dear john just yet.

Do you mind if I ask what score you got in the AC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 okies

I also got this letter today, im going to give them a call on Monday to ask what it actually means and to make sure all my details are correct, just for a bit of peace of mind!

Back to the waiting game!!

okies wrote: »
    I also got this letter today, im going to give them a call on Monday to ask what it actually means and to make sure all my details are correct, just for a bit of peace of mind!

Back to the waiting game!!
    Let us know how you get on. What is your merit rating approx? Are they maybe contacting everyone or just a bunch of the highest scorers?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Has any NRC with an AC score of 57 or less received vetting papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pjd82

wanadrum wrote: »
    I also got this letter.

I-m pretty sure it means you passed ac, and well enough to not get a dear john depending on your community background, but not well enough to be top of the pile.

As they don't know how many recruits they are taking on from this campaign, and they don't know how many who have done better than you that will fail either vetting or medical they won't send a dear john just yet.

Do you mind if I ask what score you got in the AC?

AC score was 48 so not top of the pile but RC if that helps??!! Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

Wanadrum I'm RC vetting away a couple of months or so, but no medical. I'm round the 900 mark for AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Hi folks, so this new letter that people have received is from the PSNI themselves yeah? I have not got one yet but currently working through the medicals appeal process, so might not get one at all :o

Would a fair way to describe this new letter is that you have passed everything but we don't know whats happening in terms of intakes, so sit tight?

• Advertisement

Yes - that's about fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

hi guys, im rc and had my medical a couple of months back and passed and vettung forms sent of before that, is anyone in the same boat or know were this leaves me especially with these new letters coming out??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

Morning All, got this letter this morning as well, RC but with a merit score in the 400!.

It did state they would get back with further information by March 2011? Anyone elses say that?

Yeah , read back a couple of pages and you'll see a number of people got the same letter.

Would a fair way to describe this new letter is that you have passed everything but we don't know whats happening in terms of intakes, so sit tight?

I would be very reluctant to say that it means you have passed Vetting.

My view is that those with high merit scores are being told that their applications are progressing while those with lower merit scores are being told to await more news.

Doubtless there are/will be people getting these letters whose vetting is still '' ongoing '' - such as myself .

Edit to add - Just got my letter and it says '' application is now being progressed '' , these letters went out last year same time as the Dear John's . I guess the uncertainty over recruitment delayed these one's.
    I note they specifically ask that '' you refrain from personally contacting this office '' , to that end I note the letter does not give a phone number .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

The only change in my personal circumstances is that my wife gave birth to a beautiful bouncing baby girl a few months ago. Do I need to inform them of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

FootyFan24 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a letter recently telling them they have gone onto the Medical/vetting stage? I got one today, seems weird as i have my merit number and already had my medical and vetting has been in for some time now....

Maybe just a general 'please keep waiting' letter?

Got the same letter today and also the medical invitation pack - Vetting in since mid-July...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Well folks, I haven't been on for a while. But I received the limbo letter today, so I thought I would check in to see what the craic is.

I was hoping it was a vetting or medical letter, but no luck lol.

As a a NRC in the top 300, I'm in for a further wait it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 waiting28

I also get a letter today but mine states your appication is now being progressed through the fnal stages .Doesnt say anything about march 20011 .Is this the same letter as mine does state the change of circumstances bit .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

I got the same letter as you waiting... Talks about the application being progressed and it may take some time...notify of changes in personal circumstances and then to refain from contacting the office as enquiries are causing delay.

I too am trying to work out if its the same letter or slightly different???

Advertisement