Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C16 - Limbo List

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

cesc77 wrote: »
    I do agree with you to a degree but in these oh so bloody sensitive times the human rights brigade would have a field day and the ensuing publicity would only bolster their support.

+1 , whats the bets one of these thugs gets hit by a PBR and dies - the next day we'll all be hearing that he was doing nothing and cruelly cut down ( thankfully given the widespread use of video evidence now theres a good chance it would show the little f*ck with a petrol bomb in hand ).

The fact is the instigators of these riots WANT that to happen - a 'moral' ( propaganda ) victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Hey folks, quick question is the whole recruitment process is slowing down based on the freeze or is it moving at it's normal pace? Just wondering as I am waiting on a medical date now and people seem to be getting very short notice of their dates, Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

delancey42 wrote: »
    +1 , whats the bets one of these thugs gets hit by a PBR and dies - the next day we'll all be hearing that he was doing nothing and cruelly cut down ( thankfully given the widespread use of video evidence now theres a good chance it would show the little f*ck with a petrol bomb in hand ).

The fact is the instigators of these riots WANT that to happen - a 'moral' ( propaganda ) victory.

Agreed,in fact I get the feeling that if any of these miscreants were to die by way of PBR then the death wouldnt even be viewed as collateral damage as the dead minion of these puppeteers wouldnt really be seen as a front line freedom fighter within the hardliner circles.The guys running these orchestrated events Im sure do not let their children anywhere near the action.Yes the greater victory for them would be in the propaganda and comparison to events in the past and that nothing has changed/Brit occupation,etc

Police need to be given more power and means to deal with these things, but ofcourse unfortunately as soon as they would be given the means all manner of claims of misuse and mistakes would be brought into light (like all the recent taser incidents across the water) You can't win. No extra means to deal with things -police can't reciprocate effectively. Give them extra means - hello misuse, unreasonable force yada yada claims.
    I can only imagine it must be incredibly frustrating as an officer at times.

Plus, in my opinion anyways, sometimes it really doesn't make the PSNI look too good...the main example for me being the armed roadblock in south Armagh last year. I mean, seriously, where else in the world can a bunch of blokes get geared up, get the machine guns and a rocket launcher out, set up a road block, and have police clock them but no action taken?? I fully understand that obviously that one patrol car on it's on couldn't possibly deal with it, but anywhere else in the world all the backup that could possibly have been scramble from anywhere and everywhere would've descended on it, and it would have been dealt with one way or another. I would imagine that one in particular probably did knock people's confidence in the police in all this...Just my two cents on the matter anyways!

The PSNI will never be able to win everything in some peoples eyes, either they wont be able to fully overcome the problems but atleast will be playing by "the rules", or they do overcome the problems but will be breaking "the rules" to do so...if you get what I mean :rolleyes:

Hey folks, quick question is the whole recruitment process is slowing down based on the freeze or is it moving at it's normal pace? Just wondering as I am waiting on a medical date now and people seem to be getting very short notice of their dates, Thanks

In my opinion things are moving slowly and I attribute that to the freeze.
    What do you consider ' short notice ' ? - from what I have seen most people lucky to get a medical are getting 3 -4 weeks notice , have you heard of folks getting less ?

• Advertisement

The PSNI will never be able to win everything in some peoples eyes, either they wont be able to fully overcome the problems but atleast will be playing by "the rules", or they do overcome the problems but will be breaking "the rules" to do so...if you get what I mean :rolleyes:

+ 1 . Years ago the then Met Commissioner once said '' in order to win we often have to appear to lose ''

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Police need to be given more power and means to deal with these things, but ofcourse unfortunately as soon as they would be given the means all manner of claims of misuse and mistakes would be brought into light (like all the recent taser incidents across the water) You can't win. No extra means to deal with things -police can't reciprocate effectively. Give them extra means - hello misuse, unreasonable force yada yada claims.
    I can only imagine it must be incredibly frustrating as an officer at times.

Plus, in my opinion anyways, sometimes it really doesn't make the PSNI look too good...the main example for me being the armed roadblock in south Armagh last year. I mean, seriously, where else in the world can a bunch of blokes get geared up, get the machine guns and a rocket launcher out, set up a road block and have police clock them but no action taken?? I fully understand that obviously that one patrol car on it's on couldn't possibly deal with it, but anywhere else in the world all the backup that could possibly have been scramble from anywhere and everywhere would've descended on it, and it would have been dealt with one way or another. I would imagine that one in particular probably did knock people's confidence in the police in all this...Just my two cents on the matter anyways!

Iraq? Afghanistan ? Compton ? Darndale ?

shampon wrote: »
    Iraq? Afghanistan ? Compton ? Darndale ?

The first 2 are War Zones , 3rd place I've never heard of :confused: and as for Darndale ( a Dublin suburb ) I don't accept that armed thugs set up checkpoints there , though it would have a relatively high level of gun crime.

The first 2 are War Zones , 3rd place I've never heard of :confused: and as for Darndale ( a Dublin suburb ) I don't accept that armed thugs set up checkpoints there , though it would have a relatively high level of gun crime.

Ok, so I said anywhere in the world more so for dramatic effect, obviously it can and does happen in some places, but somewhere like Northern Ireland (or Darndale for that matter...sorry, I'm unawares of that one this time!) in a time of relative peace and control it shouldn't be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

In my opinion things are moving slowly and I attribute that to the freeze.
    What do you consider ' short notice ' ? - from what I have seen most people lucky to get a medical are getting 3 -4 weeks notice , have you heard of folks getting less ?

i only received 2 weeks notice, although this was plenty as i had the week off anyway :)

• Advertisement

The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Micheál Martin, has said he is extremely concerned at the serious security situation in Northern Ireland.
    He also condemned recent attacks against the police, blamed on dissident groups.
    Mr Martin said he hoped this Saturday's Apprentice Boys of Derry marches, including a controversial feeder parade in Ardoyne, would take place in a calm and peaceful atmosphere.

After a series of bomb attacks blamed on dissident republicans, the Minister called for an immediate end to the targeting of PSNI officers and in particular Catholic officers.
    He also called for political and community leaders and the family, friends and communities of PSNI officers to give them their full and unreserved support.
    A spokesman for the Minister also denied a claim by Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness that the Government and the British authorities had been involved in secret talks with dissident republicans.
    The Northern Ireland Office repeated the Secretary of State's position that meaningful talks could not be held with people who were not committed to peaceful means of pursuing their goals.
    Mr McGuinness told BBC Radio Ulster: 'I encourage dialogue, I think it is important.
    'I do understand the governments will come out and say that this isn't true, it isn't happening, and they have all sorts of mechanisms and phrases to use which cover themselves, but the reality is that some of these dissident groups, I know for a fact, have been involved in discussions with both the Irish and the British government in recent times.'
    Last week Northern Secretary Owen Paterson denied talks were taking place.
    'You cannot have any meaningful talks with people who are not committed to peaceful means,' he said.
    'They are not listening. They are disparate. They are a very small armed group with no discipline or clear focus on where they are going.'
    Police search farmland after tractor find
    Police have searched farmland and roads near Sixmilecross in Co Tyrone, to determine whether a bomb may have been attached to a magnet discovered under a tractor.
    It is understood the magnet was found when the farmer, a former member of the security forces, left his tractor in for servicing on Monday.
    It is not known how long it had been in place.
    The PSNI say nothing untoward has been found but their enquiries are continuing.
    In the last week three booby-trap bombs have been found under the vehicles of security force members in Bangor, Kilkeel and Cookstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Anyone tried ringing up by chance to see if the merit pool is out yet?

Deloitte feedback shouldn't be too far away either.

Will be interesting to see where we all actually are!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Was just thinking that myself.

Also, got my medical pass letter this morning so you can update the list beca.

Hope I am far enough up the list to get in when it starts moving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

pma1983 wrote: »

it wont be but cant hurt to ring and have a poke for a rough estimate, cant be too far off. remember feedback is out for end of august so im back to watching pat the postie!

merit list still being checked and should be out in September, off to call deloitte now :)

feel kinda guilty that my work is footing the bill for the phone calls and paying me at the same time ;) but only kinda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Let us know what they say :)

Let us know what they say :)

grumpy little sod says end of august. cheeky wee effer he was!

.........................AC........Vetting...........Medical
    1986j.................PASS......Ongoing............PASS
    anay75..............PASS......Ongoing
    B182 .................PASS......Ongoing
    Beca..................PASS......Ongoing
    Blaze90..............PASS
    Bubbles34...........PASS
    C1964................PASS......Ongoing
    Cesc77...............PASS
    Chontour............PASS
    Dark1ne.............PASS......Ongoing............Got Date
    Delancy42...........PASS......Ongoing
    dm25.................PASS......Ongoing
    Eddyman1234......PASS
    Fefe5.................PASS......Ongoing
    FootyFan24.........PASS......Ongoing............PASS
    furrywall1............PASS......Ongoing
    future cop...........PASS
    gee-22...............PASS
    gert61................PASS
    gigity gigity.........PASS......Ongoing............Got Date
    grad10...............PASS
    Hammath............PASS
    Happyhelper........PASS......Ongoing
    Heffomike54........PASS......Ongoing
    Hereshoping........PASS
    Hotel glo.............PASS
    Jay Man..............PASS......Ongoing
    Joeguevara..........PASS......Ongoing
    JohnnyKeeb.........PASS
    KB-1991..............PASS
    kc29..................PASS......Ongoing
    Lesdawg.............PASS
    ljm10..................PASS
    lufc92.................PASS......Ongoing
    lushguy57............PASS
    Mal85.................PASS......Ongoing..........Got Date
    maloag12............PASS......Ongoing
    Marymulr.............PASS......Ongoing
    Meeky................PASS
    Mister Grumpy......PASS
    Miscellaneous.......PASS......Ongoing............Got Date
    monty156a..........PASS......Ongoing
    MsTys.................PASS
    NI Poster.............PASS......Ongoing
    Not Brazil.............PASS......Ongoing
    okies...................PASS......Ongoing
    Pathway..............PASS......Ongoing
    Peter Green .........PASS
    pluginbaby2112......PASS
    pma1983...............PASS......PASS............PASS
    Princess Deity........PASS......Ongoing
    Rekker..................PASS
    Roboturnip............PASS......Ongoing............Got Date
    savi.....................PASS
    Sgtmort................PASS
    Shampon..............PASS......Ongoing
    Sharan.................PASS......Ongoing
    SJAG....................PASS......Ongoing
    skatestraight..........PASS......Ongoing............Got Date
    Slunk2...................PASS......Ongoing
    Stillhopful...............PASS......Ongoing............PASS
    swl33t...................PASS
    Sydnor..................PASS
    Thebakerboy..........PASS.......Ongoing
    Tickle monster........PASS......Ongoing
    Triple M.................PASS......Ongoing
    Troy bayliss............PASS......Ongoing
    USAman.................PASS......Ongoing
    Ves86....................PASS
    Waitinggame..........PASS
    Wanadrum.............PASS

no need to copy and paste, just post the info and it will get updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

hey becca, wee update for your list, medical pass letter came today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

interesting to see that more people have ongoing vetting than have not heard anything since passing the AC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Yeah Don,tell me about it!....Im not too phased though as I have a feeling that a large part of this has to do with when each person completed their AC.I was close to the end (and the freeze)so am not as peeved as if I had completed my AC early on.

It will grate after a while when others trickle through with their vetting and Meds but its not over til its Dear John time.What are we looking at here....sorry just had a quick scan....71 on list.....41 vetting....30 not....really nothing to stress about.....err yet.

At the bottom of my medical pass letter it says that "The PSNI recuritment team will be in contact shortly"

Do you think this has any significance or simply that this is just a standard template of the letter they had pre-freeze?

1986j wrote: »
    At the bottom of my medical pass letter it says that "The PSNI recuritment team will be in contact shortly"

Do you think this has any significance or simply that this is just a standard template of the letter they had pre-freeze?

I would attach no significance - I would guess it is standard though when the Police budget is finalised I would like to think we will all be told what is happening - even if just confirmation of our deep freeze status.

It is a shame an essential service could be cut when so many cheats over NI are bleeding the country dry through their scams and cheats.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Called PSNI Occupational Health today as I was worried that Deloitte might not have passed on my new address details and therefore I missed my medical.

Fears proved correct, they sent my medical letter out to an old address and I missed it. Thankfully, they've re-scheduled me for the end of September. Will this affect my place on the merit list, or will I just be slotted in when my medical comes through?

Don't worry - they won't penalise you 200 merit places for this - it will have no impact on your standing in the merit list.
    When did you do your AC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

I did the AC months ago, I think I was one of the first - perhaps a week after they started doing them. The helpful lady on the phone told me that my original date was in late July. Can't believe Deloitte, the expressly told me that they would pass on the address change to the PSNI, but obviously they didn't! :mad:

Well fair dues to you for following up otherwise your application was heading into the bin.
    OHW staff are very good to deal with and they generally will try hard to help where possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BIGM

Hi Beca! Just add one more to your list AC passed but nothing on vetting or medical!

• Advertisement

Reckon this means anything taken from the PSNI website?

PSNI may send you a vetting questionnaire, which should be returned to them within two weeks of receipt (if you do not return the vetting questionnaire to PSNI in time your application will be discontinued). You may also be invited by PSNI OHW to attend a Medical Examination. If and when you are invited will depend on how well you have done at the Assessment Centre.
    All communications regarding your vetting and medical examination (if you are indeed to participate in either) and any possible offer of employment will be handled by PSNI directly.

http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/commun.aspx

From reading on the forum it seems that medicals etc seem to be done on a first come first served. i.e very few who done later AC got medical dates.

Maybe it means anyone who simply met the PSNI's pass mark at AC. Now I have a sore head thinking about it lol

Advertisement