Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I've been using it over the weekend don't think there will be many flocking back. I won't be anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You can tell it's a beta - crashed 3 times in 10 minutes with a fresh profile while browsing the Mozilla Test Pilot website ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

No crashes for me. I think I'll use it in place of 3.6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No crashes here either. The only thing I don't like is when I've boards open in one tab, I ctrl-t a new tab, go to type in boards.ie again, and it switches me back to the open tab. Anyone found a way around that?

When you press CTRL+F to open the old skool menu, if you click Tools, instead of hover on it, does the menu disappear for you guys? It does for me, majorly annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,244 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It will have to do what 2 and 3 did before it: be a super lean browsing machine that will slowly bloat over the course of the next year.

sign me up!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Im still having the same problem as 3.5 - it doesn't stay logged in to any sites. It remembers my password but doesn't log in automatically, despite being selected to. Happens everywhere I log in, Gmail, Boards etc.

Works fine in Chrome. I think I read somewhere before that it was something to do with Windows 7 and Firefox..

Anyway I was hoping it'd be fixed because I rather Firefox to Chrome.. o well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Opera rules, or it would if slightly more sites were truely Opera friendly.

Im still having the same problem as 3.5 - it doesn't stay logged in to any sites. It remembers my password but doesn't log in automatically, despite being selected to. Happens everywhere I log in, Gmail, Boards etc.

Works fine in Chrome. I think I read somewhere before that it was something to do with Windows 7 and Firefox..

Anyway I was hoping it'd be fixed because I rather Firefox to Chrome.. o well

One reason for this is that Firefox 4 will use the same profile as Firefox 3.5. Obviously a setting has been changed along the way to make it behave like this. Start a new profile. Google how to do it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Hey, could anyone tell me what the rendering is like on Firefox 4? I'm assuming it's the same as 3.5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

still need to figure out what browser i'm going to replace internet explorer with on my laptop. leaning towards chrome, but i might give this firefox beta a shot if everyone's raving about it.

Firefox 4 beta 3 is out but a few addons do no work with it yet.

Adblock being the main one. I never realized there was so much annoying moving crap on screen when you can see the ads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

3.6 running grand, so what's the incentive to become an early adopter of 4.0 beta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Its faster.

Iv tried all the main browsers and I find FF 4 the fastest.

Also, I am using adblock with ff beta 3 right now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Its faster.

Iv tried all the main browsers and I find FF 4 the fastest.
    Is is stable running on Windows 7?

Is is stable running on Windows 7?

Yes, pretty much flawless for me.

The more people that use it the more user trends reports the developers get (if you decide to submit the report) and the better Firefox will get.

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    The more people that use it the more user trends reports the developers get (if you decide to submit the report) and the better Firefox will get.
    Oops! Well I would not be much help to them, because I normally turn off the reporting functions on all my apps. This occurs whenever I run a vulnerability scan with KIS2010 and implement their recommended settings.

Also, I am using adblock with ff beta 3 right now

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

still need to figure out what browser i'm going to replace internet explorer with on my laptop. leaning towards chrome, but i might give this firefox beta a shot if everyone's raving about it.

'kay so i got it. it's okay. nothing revolutionary.

I have both FF3.6 and Chrome 5.0 on my rig and they work fine. IE8 is only useful for updating MS, otherwise I would avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

No AdBlock plus is annoying.

HTML5 WebSockets are cool ;) Doing some stuff with them at the moment. I still think there's a bit of mis-match across the main different browsers implementations of the new HTML5 standard. These will be ironed out over the coming months though.

What did you expect?! Running the beta on win 7 here, it does the job as fast as i need it too so i am happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

Lots of stuff going on under the hood. Firefox has to ditch its "Frankenstein" reputation. Lots of re-engineering of the Javascript engine as well as full integration of the new HTML5 standards.

Adblock has been updated to support beta 3.

Thank the lord, no more ads.

Does anybody know when Firefox 4 will be released? I don't like using the betas because none of my addons work with it. Also is it true there will be a 64bit version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I don't think anyone knows a release date yet, want it badly because Panorama (that awesome tab-grouping) is amazing but I can't use FF without all my addons (especially Greasemonkey).

Advertisement