Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen is delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

rovert wrote: »
    If he is where did he get his Doctorate as the cause and affect relationship is iffy at best? :p

He is just doing right wing radio schtick here from my point of view. Ireland it is called talking out of your hole.

He's really good at talking his way into the people's interests.

I wasn't especially interested in the Silva v Sonnen fight until he started all the sh1t talk. Now im dying to see him get his face smashed. Actually, if he wins he'll talk more sh1t so that's awesome also!

Has anybody seen these? They show just how delusional he really is.

Heres a comment from the last one....
    Youtuber wrote:
    The gash in his face, is expanding faster than the universe, he once got kneed in the face, just to see how it feels, he lives delusionally, through himself, he is, the most doomed man in the world.

EDIT: First one was already posted. Sorry.

These Chael videos are so weird. I've never seen UFC promote someone a fight like this before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Chael wrote: »
    "When you screw up, you have to own it. That stuff really gets under my skin. Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated. He did drugs. And he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying, `Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me,' he actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million from this, `Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer,' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, `Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud. You get the whole Michael Phelps being a pothead thing too. I'm just glad I'm in the business I'm in so I can get them in the cage and kick the crap out of them."

In a recent interview with Ariel Helani, Sonnen denied having the interview and saying anything about Lance Armstrong.

I love those UFC promo videos. Remind me of the Chuck Norris jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Chael looked really rough in the interview he did yesterday with Ariel Helwani and mentioned that he had a stomach bug last weekend. Hopefully he recovers from it before the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He got submitted by Filho and yes, he beat him in a rematch, but Filho wasn't there for that fight. if you'd seen that fight you'd know that Filho was f*cked up! he missed weight, was in all kinds of personal trouble and was literally TALKING to people he thought he was seeing in the cage. it was so bizarre!

That was one bizarre fight. Filho kept turning to look at someone or something ringside and nobody could figure out what. Cue Frank Mir repeatedly on commentary yelling "What is he looking at?!".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Chael looked really rough in the interview he did yesterday with Ariel Helwani and mentioned that he had a stomach bug last weekend. Hopefully he recovers from it before the fight.

He looks very Ken Shamrock there (bad)

Originally posted by Chael Sonnen

"I never did an interview with Larry Pepe"

pepenu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Sonnen is abit of a fruit loop but i really feel he has a chance here.
    His work rate is top notch and i feel he'll over run anderson with his greco.I see a relentless onslaught by sonnen and TBH silvas cardio has not been tested in his last few fights and when youve the likes of sonnen on top of you i think silva may break.
    We've seen fro teh marquardt fight that sonnen can take a beating a pull through so silva's boxing might be void if sonnen gets in close and all sonnen has to do is keep hold of silva and break his will

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

seadnamac wrote: »
    That was one bizarre fight. Filho kept turning to look at someone or something ringside and nobody could figure out what. Cue Frank Mir repeatedly on commentary yelling "What is he looking at?!".

i just watched that fight, bizarre indeed. every time sonnen side stepped it looked like filho took about 2 seconds to realise. either that or sonnen has some incredible ninja skills we dont know about.

enemy wrote: »
    i just watched that fight, bizarre indeed. every time sonnen side stepped it looked like filho took about 2 seconds to realise. either that or sonnen has some incredible ninja skills we dont know about.

Filho is a troubled man! And it's a shame because he's an incredible talent and was ranked No.2 in the World for a long time right behind Anderson Silva.

Hopefully he gets to where he once was one day but i can't see it happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

They took the audio from these beer commercials and mixed it with old footage of Chael.
    Do the UFC post Fanmade videos now?

Has anybody seen these? They show just how delusional he really is.

Heres a comment from the last one....

EDIT: First one was already posted. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

That poor guy is fecking delusional. I don't know whether to feel more sorry for him or James Toney because they are both going to get their arses kicked.

The whole Lance Armstrong comment thing just gave me an uncomfortable feeling when I heard it. Like when you know someone just put their foot in it.

Im not holding out much hope for Chael, seeing as he appears tired, sick (stomach bug) and has obviously lost the remainder of his mind promoting this fight. Not to mention that he supposedly hasn't seen any tape of Anderson fighting :confused:. That being said he has definitely increased the amount of interest in the fight.

Not to mention that he supposedly hasn't seen any tape of Anderson fighting :confused:. That being said he has definitely increased the amount of interest in the fight.

I really think that if these tape comments are true, it's ridiculous and he either needs to sack his manager and/or cop himself on.

He works for a company which owns tapes on 16 of his fights. If his manager didn't automatically get them for him or he was too stupid to ring UFC admin and ask for them, he's a clown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I really think that if these tape comments are true, it's ridiculous and he either needs to sack his manager and/or cop himself on.

He works for a company which owns tapes on 16 of his fights. If his manager didn't automatically get them for him or he was too stupid to ring UFC admin and ask for them, he's a clown!

dont believe everything you hear pal

TechnoPool wrote: »
    dont believe everything you hear pal

I don't, which is why i said "if"

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

So OP, still think he's delusional? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

ScareGilly wrote: »

Someone had to say it I suppose :D

I'll be the first one to say that I was shocked at the goings on last night. I thought Chael would get well and truly murdered. I was wrong obviously and Chael proved he could be the next Middleweight Champ depending on the Vitor Belfort situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Wow you managed to predict sonnen would do well you deserve a Medel you mma expert you. Could you tell me who won again?

All that aside fair play to him he absolutely demolished silva in the 1st 4 rounds and he definitely deserves a rematch.

The only way Sonnen will "take him down and beat a hole in andersons face" is if he catches him in a lucky punch.

I am well aware that sonnen is a good wrestler but he can't even match up to Henderson nevermind Anderson Silva.

I am getting sick and tired of Joe making these ridiculous one sided matches and give Anderson some real competition.

Wow you managed to predict sonnen would do well you deserve a Medel you mma expert you. Could you tell me who won again?

I never claimed to be an expert, I just claimed he'd do well, which is exactly what happpened, he dominated Anderson for 4 and a half rounds and then got sloppy..
    And just as I said, Anderson would win but Sonnen would put it up to him, does that make me an mma expert? :eek:

I never claimed to be an expert, I just claimed he'd do well, which is exactly what happpened, he dominated Anderson for 4 and a half rounds and then got sloppy..
    And just as I said, Anderson would win but Sonnen would put it up to him, does that make me an mma expert? :eek:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/

Tongue-in-cheek it was :rolleyes:

We need a sarcasm font :(

Tongue-in-cheek it was :rolleyes:

We need a sarcasm font :(

Ah yeah. Was just making the point that if he wants to have silly arguments he's better off there!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

I think Sonnen shut everyone up (except for the a certain few delusional people)

He made Silva look ordinary & like a one trick pony for 23mins.

No doubt about it, he didn't like the taste of Silva's strikes but lets not forget, i think he hit Silva more times in round one than I think he has been in total for every UFC fight up until that point.

I doubt many guys will want to face Sonnen now. Those who were beaten by him on his run to the title shot probably feel less sore about the loss now. I think every fighter regardless of being a fan of either man was in shock for 23 mins.

It was arguably the most intense & one sided title fight if seen in the UFC for many years. I don't think a defending champion was ever beaten up like that & manage to pull of the win in the last round.

Did Silva deserve it? Of course. Did Sonnen deserve to win? Yeas but only up the the 23rd minute. He got sloppy & paid the ultimate price.

Should Silva have mentioned the rib injury? No. I hate that crap. Regardless of it being true or not, it always tried to take away from the achievements of the other fighter.

I think Sonnen should seriously consider a move up to 205. He has my respect regardless of all the trash talk. The talks the talk, but unlike most, he also walks the walk.

I'll watch this fight over & over. Not forgetting how good the card was that night but this did live up to the hype. Is Silva the best? I don't think so. Is he a great champion? Absolutely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

I saw a good comparison on another site today - the fight was like a soccer match where one team was dominated but managed to score a winning goal late in the game. This is not unusual in other sports and is never considered grounds for a rematch.

There is also an article here on why a rematch might not be such a 1-sided affair which I thought was well thought out: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/9/1614522/anderson-silvas-fight-iq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

barochoc wrote: »
    I think Sonnen shut everyone up (except for the a certain few delusional people)

He made Silva look ordinary & like a one trick pony for 23mins.

No doubt about it, he didn't like the taste of Silva's strikes but lets not forget, i think he hit Silva more times in round one than I think he has been in total for every UFC fight up until that point.

I doubt many guys will want to face Sonnen now. Those who were beaten by him on his run to the title shot probably feel less sore about the loss now. I think every fighter regardless of being a fan of either man was in shock for 23 mins.

It was arguably the most intense & one sided title fight if seen in the UFC for many years. I don't think a defending champion was ever beaten up like that & manage to pull of the win in the last round.

Did Silva deserve it? Of course. Did Sonnen deserve to win? Yeas but only up the the 23rd minute. He got sloppy & paid the ultimate price.

Should Silva have mentioned the rib injury? No. I hate that crap. Regardless of it being true or not, it always tried to take away from the achievements of the other fighter.

I think Sonnen should seriously consider a move up to 205. He has my respect regardless of all the trash talk. The talks the talk, but unlike most, he also walks the walk.

I'll watch this fight over & over. Not forgetting how good the card was that night but this did live up to the hype. Is Silva the best? I don't think so. Is he a great champion? Absolutely :D

I am sure he has plenty of drugs to help him with that.:D