Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 and Retaining Business

Options
  • 11-07-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of moving to the Samsung Galaxy S, I am out of contract with 02 as per Reg 17. I am a customer of theirs for near on 4 years now, always been happy with them tbh, I had my last upgrade in Dec09. So I am not allowed have an upgrade at present. I have phoned them to ask is their a possibility of an early upgrade, and I was told absolutely not, which to me is bad business , I have told them I want to stay with them, I want to keep my number but they have no intention of accomodating my situation. I have also said to them, I am possibly gonna move to Vodafone as a result of this, and they have stated thats the way it is and there is nothing they can do about it.

Surely to my mind this is idiotic, they are losing a loyal customer and a heavy user because of this bureaucracy. I have stated I just want to buy the Samsung Galaxy and Keep my number, and their only solution to this, is to buy a prepay or sim free version. Surely getting me an upgrade signs me back down to a contract right, and they retain business, but no they seem to be happy to lose customers by the seems of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubg

Hey cleese im with o2 and thinking of changing to vodafone too. Im due my upgrade next month. So i was about town yesterday and popped into the o2 shop. Said to a guy there i was looking about and i was thinking of moving to vodafone. he just walked away from me like he didnt care if i moved or not. i will probably port next week.i would think they will lose a lot of customers when the iphone 4 goes on sale if they dont give people upgrades. im going to get the htc desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

dubg wrote: »
    Hey cleese im with o2 and thinking of changing to vodafone too. Im due my upgrade next month. So i was about town yesterday and popped into the o2 shop. Said to a guy there i was looking about and i was thinking of moving to vodafone. he just walked away from me like he didnt care if i moved or not. i will probably port next week.i would think they will lose a lot of customers when the iphone 4 goes on sale if they dont give people upgrades. im going to get the htc desire.
    Yeah see dubg this makes zero sense to me, they seem not to care whether or not they lose people, it ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

My o2 iphone contract ended on Friday, I was on the €65 p/m plan but my bill averaged €100. Over €1,200 spent in 12 months. I rang them and asked if they could give me a discount to renew, or a free bolt on, anything really just to sweeten it a bit. No dice. I wasn't looking for a new phone, happy enough to keep the one i have.
    I'm now with three. O2 just don't seem to care about loosing customers. I wouldn't say I'm one of their biggest customers but surely they should have have offered even a €5 p/m discount to keep someone who pays them €1,200 per year by direct debit:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

It seems like a blatant disregard for business the way they are operating I am trying to gain access to o2forums to discuss this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I've been a customer with O2 for 12 years now, well Esat Digifone first before they became O2 and then O2.. I have had the same phone for 4 years now, my average bill is €120+ a month, I haven't seen a phone that I liked for a while so I said I'd hold off with the upgrade..

I have called into a few O2 stores and also called the sales line, not one of them was the slightest bit interested in making a sale, in one store there were 3 so called "sales" people chatting having a laugh at the back of the store and at least 4 people looking to be served..

I have no idea whats happened in O2 lately, but their customer service is a disgrace and they only contact me when they are trying to flog me something which I have told the last 2 sales agents who contacted me that I have no interest in tying myself to a 12 month contract with a company who obviously isnt the slightest bit interested in keeping me as a customer.

A friend of mine is from Oz and he is amazed how companies over here offer these great deals for new customers but basically ignore their current customers and dont offer them anything..

I guess its vodafone here I come.. as O2, I've wasted enough time and money on you and you really dont give a toss about keeping me a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubg

They used to be very good. But they seem to have fallen behind the competition. While vodafone offer free data roaming and meteor and 3 have better minutes packages all o2 seem to be doing is changing the name of their packages and wanting people to sign new contracts to change to new packages. Im holding off porting to see what packages 3 will offer when the iphone4 is released as i feel they will offer new plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

O2 port block Android market and other stuff as of last week, unless they have changed this a lot of stuff won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Void wrote: »
    O2 port block Android market and other stuff as of last week, unless they have changed this a lot of stuff won't work.

Can you still not install apps over Wi-Fi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

Yes you can, but how annoying is that? God knows what other ports are blocked, lots of stuff might not work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement