Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia n95 as a modem

Options
  • 11-07-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

I have my n95 connected to my pc with a cable and can see it as a modem (after installing the drivers). I have a interent addon with my 3pay number. How do i get the pc to see the connection on the phone? Step by step please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Just recently set this up on my gf's netbook.

It is very easy to do.

Make sure you have the latest version of firmware on your phone.
    Make sure you have the latest version of Nokia PC Suite
    Make sure that Nokia PC Suite connects to your N95 via USB

Once your phone is connected and you can see it on the Nokia PC Suite you then double click the icon ABOVE the Calendar icon (aptly named Connect to the Internet Icon :D)

You may then have to set who your Network provider is, Vodafone IE, O2 IE Meteor IE etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Dammer wrote: »
    Just recently set this up on my gf's netbook.

It is very easy to do.

Make sure you have the latest version of firmware on your phone.
    Make sure you have the latest version of Nokia PC Suite
    Make sure that Nokia PC Suite connects to your N95 via USB

Once your phone is connected and you can see it on the Nokia PC Suite you then double click the icon ABOVE the Calendar icon (aptly named Connect to the Internet Icon :D)

You may then have to set who your Network provider is, Vodafone IE, O2 IE Meteor IE etc...

Did the same myself with my N958gb, only I used bluetooth because the laptop also has bluetooth.
    Clicked on the "connect to the internet" icon and went through the steps.
    It took about 3 minutes, maybe less to set it up and it works pretty well.

Advertisement