Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can you please help????

• 11-07-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

can someone please give me some advice in getting started in photography, im an unemployed female in my 30's, and i have always wanted to to get involved in photography but dont know where to start, so what would be a good camara to start with, without spending a fortune, and any other tips or bits of info, like what would be a good coarse to do, and where, im in dublin so hopefully someone knows somewhere local, any help would be really appreciated, thank you, x :):confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

http://www.dublincameraclub.ie/dcc/joomla/
    Have a look at this link. It is the Dublin Camera Club and it runs a beginners course in September. There is a phone number on the webpage so contact them asap. Their courses fill up very quickly.
    Regards and hope you enjoy the hobby.

Look here also.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055243345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

John has given you some good advice there. First thing to remember, as you're starting off you don't need an expensive camera to take good photos. Also, what kind of photos do you want to take?

Have a look at Flickr or Pix.ie. They are great for giving you ideas and for learning how things are done.

Keep an eye on the Expenditions thread. Folk often meet up in town wo walk and take photos. Walkabours organized by Boardsies are free and you don't have to be a brilliant photographer. Just go along and enjoy the experience, ask questions and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Podgoricka

hey, Recently i also get an interest in photography, it started when i was about 14 when i got a point and shoot camera, and after several of those i finally bought an entry level DSLR last year. I bought the canon 1000d and i love it!! If your buying a SLR, shop around. at the time it was 600 in currys and 480 in argos!! Its even cheaper now and check out pixmania.ie they always have great deals! Photography is such a great interest and you'll always be learning, thats what i love about it.

Best of luck with it! :)

also.. if you could get your hands upon the book, SLR for dummies it'll give you alot of guidance and explain all the jargon and how to get the most from your camera.. also tutorials available on youtube are great.. this is where i have learned alot of the stuff i can do with my canon.

Advertisement