Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swarm of greenfly

Options
  • 11-07-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I had to abandon plans for a bbq and a couple of beers out in the garden this evening. Plague of greenfly has landed, there are millions of the feckers. You could literally wipe them off the car bonnet. Anyone else noticed them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Haven't noticed it that bad now, but there are definitely loads around today. My mam was saying they are all over the back garden, a friend told me a Dublin bus was FULL of them earlier and I went for a walk and had many land on me, clinging to my clothes the little creeps...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I agree, they cling to your hair and clothes and now I'm all itchy ! It started to lash rain and I thought that would be the end of them, but oh no - as soon as the rain stopped they reappeared.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

They won't stop until you're dead!

xzanti wrote: »
    They won't stop until you're dead!

Very Alfred Hitchcock there, Xzanti ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

My daughter came in from playing outside and her hair was full of them. :eek:

Jen ;->

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I noticed it too. They seemed more attracted to my wife's yellow t shirt than me. Never seen so many of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

I just went to pick some rocket leaves from my plant and came away with a handful of them!!!!! GROSS!!! I'm so itchy now and fell them all over me. Ewwy Gooey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was in The Living Room for the football yesterday, there were millions of the feckers around (nearly as many as there were Spanish people :p), couldn't even drink pints properly, every mouthful included about five or six greenfly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Thank you. I thought I was going mad the other day in the back garden, must have flicked 100 greenflies off me, they kept landing on my arms!:mad:

Apparently ladybirds love to eat them, reckon I would rather handle cute ladybirds than yucky greenfly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement