Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking in jurys inn car park

Options
  • 11-07-2010 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭

i was in this multistory yesterday and had to go right to the uppermost level to get a space

there were plenty of half free spaces on the lower levels, thanks to morons who cant park their cars properly parking across two spaces.... not even attempting to use as little of the second space as possible, but blatantly parking across two spaces, rendering both unusable to others

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

if you cant park your car properly, get a smaller one

or get some lessons on how to park

i know the spaces are tight, and there are pillars alongside many of them, but still, park properly ffs!

these mrorons should be clamped, or at teh very least charged double for their parking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

In fairness, that car park is so poorly designed that I don't blame people for taking up two spaces. There's barely room in one space for my tiny little Yaris - and I'm excellent at parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ah now i can park my car there (when a whole space is available for it) and i havent great visuo-spatial skills

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

ive never parked in jurys carpark, didnt know it was there:o but there are people who cant park, and carparks that are made for bikes to park, i tryed to park in the docks carpark that is a multi carpark with so many pillers and very little spaces for my zafira ,there were cars just put in the car park as in not park,d at all ,so i went again out to headford shopping centre to do a bit of shopping i wanted to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Jurys car park is a nightmare. Worst designed carpark in Ireland IMO. Terrible stuff. Avoid like the plague if I can at all. Took a larger vehicle in there a few years ago and swore never again:p

People parking badly in carparks is a real bug bear of mine tho, I'll give you that much:p

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

I've seen far too many fender benders and bumper bumps in that place to park in that car park! My least favourite in the city!

My advice, stay away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

The place is so badly designed and expensive, I don't really care about taking up two spaces. Better than scratching the motor, and I'm paying the b*stards for parking anyhow.

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I regularly park there, and while it is true that it's very badly designed, if you can't park there you need to look in a mirror for the fault :P

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Have come across the same parking fiasco in Jury's. A lot of it has to do with people afraid of having their cars scratched because of the tightness of the spaces so are willing to take up two spaces as a result. Some wimmin drivers have admitted this to me but also feel that they find it difficult to get into even one space that is available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It was designed pre celtic tiger when everybody drove a starlet or micra. I never go near it, the amount of paint on the pillars scared me clean out of it in the last millenium although there is usually space on the roof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I actualy never used Jurys, always thought it was too expensive, but my friend dies by it saying its the best place to park with proximity to town.

Anytime I find myself extremly stuc k I just dump the ar into hynes. Great place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mims_lally

Stay away from that place...................
    the day i went in there i felt sick going up it, now i've no problem with parking in multistory car parks (perfer them actually) even on my 3rd day of driving i went up the corbet court one and no problems, but then after 4yrs of driving i discover jurys.... never again:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Columc wrote: »
    I actualy never used Jurys, always thought it was too expensive, but my friend dies by it saying its the best place to park with proximity to town.

Anytime I find myself extremly stuc k I just dump the ar into hynes. Great place

How expensive is the car park? I'm staying in the hotel Saturday night, more than likely I'll be in the car park for over 24 hours. Does anyone know if the hotel offers free or reduced parking for residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

corryworry wrote: »
    How expensive is the car park? I'm staying in the hotel Saturday night, more than likely I'll be in the car park for over 24 hours. Does anyone know if the hotel offers free or reduced parking for residents?
    You can park for free in the city from 6:30 PM on Saturday to 8:30 AM on Monday. Make sure it's council parking though not private parking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You can park for free in the city from 6:30 PM on Saturday to 8:30 AM on Monday. Make sure it's council parking though not private parking

and bear in mind that the docks area is private, not corporation. It's one of the few placed in town where you can get clamped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I hate that carpark, I honestly don't think my car fits most of those spaces and I'm a reasonably good parker, if that is a word...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Fey! wrote: »
    and bear in mind that the docks area is private, not corporation. It's one of the few placed in town where you can get clamped!

Also take care not to park anywhere in the vicinity of the Saturday Market(observe the tiny really hard to see signs on the railings by St Nicholas' church) as your car will be towed at stupid o clock on Saturday morning, you will have to pay €180 cash to get it back, and the towers are a shower of ignorant bastards who will only release your car when it suits them and not when it suits you.

Yes; I did learn this lesson the hard way :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Fey! wrote: »

The Docks and around the long walk all private parking.. they get some money during sunday and past 6:30 from unaware drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

The last time we stayed in Jurys, it was €10 for the parking and that brings you up to 1pm the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

I park my van there all the time and it's a Peugeot Expert so it's reasonably big and I've always found it grand. 45 euro a week for 24/7 parking isn't really all that expensive either. I've never understood people who spend ages trying to fit into a tight spot rather than go up a couple of levels. How much of a rush could you be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I know someone paying 900 a year for 24/7 parking. You're paying 2340

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Columc wrote: »
    The Docks and around the long walk all private parking.. they get some money during sunday and past 6:30 from unaware drivers

yeah I got stung with this few months ago on long walk myself and boyf had dinner in thai garden @9pm on a thurs night. Came back less than an hr later to find clamper just finished clamping my car. when I said but it's nearly 10pm he said it's 24hrs and bought me a little further down the rd to point out a TINY sign so low down that a car would have totally obstructed it.

We counted at least 12cars along that he'd clamped including the german tourists parked behind us who were just completely baffled. A very nice lady who lives in a house on the road came out and said her heart is broke trying to warn people not to park there as the signage is terrible she runs out if she sees someone parking there and she has wrote to city council about it.

It was 80euro to get clamp removed and I only had it on me cos I got my wages that day and that was my rent money. Clamper was so rude and unapologetic (funny how none of them seem to be actual Galwegians, don't think it's a job you could do if you're from town)

I never park illegally (no smart comments about this incident!) and it pisses me off when people park on footpaths etc with no regard for other people so if I'd known it wasn't free (as anywhere else in town would have been at that time) I would have either got a ticket or parked elsewhere.

End of rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

magentas wrote: »
    yeah I got stung with this few months ago on long walk myself and boyf had dinner in thai garden @9pm on a thurs night. Came back less than an hr later to find clamper just finished clamping my car. when I said but it's nearly 10pm he said it's 24hrs and bought me a little further down the rd to point out a TINY sign so low down that a car would have totally obstructed it.

We counted at least 12cars along that he'd clamped including the german tourists parked behind us who were just completely baffled. A very nice lady who lives in a house on the road came out and said her heart is broke trying to warn people not to park there as the signage is terrible she runs out if she sees someone parking there and she has wrote to city council about it.

It was 80euro to get clamp removed and I only had it on me cos I got my wages that day and that was my rent money. Clamper was so rude and unapologetic (funny how none of them seem to be actual Galwegians, don't think it's a job you could do if you're from town)

I never park illegally (no smart comments about this incident!) and it pisses me off when people park on footpaths etc with no regard for other people so if I'd known it wasn't free (as anywhere else in town would have been at that time) I would have either got a ticket or parked elsewhere.

End of rant.

Exact same thing happened to me and my gf in that same spot...

The only difference was that the clamper was from Galway need I add he was a complete ignoramus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

It is a woefully designed carpark and one of the tightest around. They do have signs up saying if you are caught taking up two spaces you will be charged for two. Even if you do park within the lines there and if theres some one in the space beside ya doesnt leave an awful lot of room to actually get out of the car most of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

I know someone paying 900 a year for 24/7 parking. You're paying 2340

That's true if I parked there all the time, but I only need it now and again so I buy it weekly when I do, Where are they paying €900 a year for secure-ish 24/7 parking in the city centre as a matter of interest

Advertisement