Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing HMR license issue

Options
  • 11-07-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Been to see my local Garda today.

Substituted my .22lr for .17HMR, so just changed the barrel on the quad.

Problem is they put the serial number of the .22lr onto the .17HMR's license. Easily done as the first few digits are the same on both.

Now, my Garda says he has done all he can. He showed me the amendment which has been stamped and signed off by the Supernintendo.

Yet... I still have no correct license.

I have a license for a HMR with a .22lr serial number :rolleyes:

My Garda has always been spot on when I've gone to license something so I don't call him into question. But, someone has screwed up somewhere. Given that I put a deposit on the HMR last July, my patience is about run.

He is to check Pulse for me again to see what the story is, seeing as the amendment was made correctly.

My question is, who's job is it to print and issue these licenses and who do I ring to find out what's going on. As I say my Garda says he's done his bit, so it's time to go kicking someone else's door for a while.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I would have your FO check Pulse thoroughly. Regardless of whomever is responsible for printing them they do not decide what info to put on it i would imagine.

I would think its a simple matter of typing your name (or any other details) into pulse, find the license that was approved and simply printing. My point being they probably just print of whatever is on screen. If this is the case then the info on screen must be wrong and therefore the amendment was done incorrectly.

I'm presuming by amendment you are refering to a substitution. Either way if the FO cannot find the problem an FCA2 (using the amendment of details section) will sort out any errors.

You probably already know all this, but i thought it worthwhile to mention it as sometimes even the best of us fall, on a simple omission, mistake or moment of forgetfulness. (Your FO now, not you).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

John would it be worth your while asking your Garda to get a letter of a amendment from his super so you can show to your firearms dealer and then you can get your Hmr. It seems the super has signed off on it already. Waiting a year is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Supernintendo's clerk is worth a try John

I got both rifle licenses without the S on them despite applying for such

Spoke with local FO who is great and she told me to ring the Clerk and gave me his direct dial number.

Called the chap and he couldn't have been more helpful.

Had to have the licenses re-issued and it was the Clerk who drove all that and not the FO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Well, whatever tree got rattled I now have a shiny new HMR license complete with a lovely S in the corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Who's a happy man today then

It is a lovely feeling having all the paper work in order and knowing you are fully above board

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote: »
    Who's a happy man today then

It is a lovely feeling having all the paper work in order and knowing you are fully above board

All I need do now is get a reissue of my .223 license, as I know Pulse has me down for a silencer but there's no S on the license.

Might leave it a while though, know the local fella is real real close to blowing his stack about guns :D Probably be a bad time to tell him I've a deer rifle in my future too...

Ka-Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Easiest way is just to call the district office clerk. I paid my new licence, missed the mistake on the grant letter where a digit had been left out of the serial number. Called the district office clerk to alert them. Received the wrong licence in the post fairly promptly, which was swiftly followed by the correct one. Happy days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Make sure to laminate it john!

Sparks wrote: »
    Make sure to laminate it john!

First thought that entered my head!

Advertisement