Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clec results?

• 11-07-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

hi did carlingford challenge yesterday ,still no sign of results .did anyone here anything?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

thanks rq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭topcat77

Thanks for the link RQ. What did people think of the organization of this event? I can't believe that they have run this event for 10 years with the poor level of organization. Excellent course and fantastic people just not enough guidance along the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

topcat77 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link RQ. What did people think of the organization of this event? I can't believe that they have run this event for 10 years with the poor level of organization. Excellent course and fantastic people just not enough guidance along the course.

I think it's one of the best events out there, you've got to remember that it is an adventure race, as such they don't normally take you by the hand and take you round the route.

I did the tarmac version this year and every road was spray marked and as for the hill runs well the first one had markers along the way and was just a case of follow the leader and Foxes Rock run had markers the whole way to the top.

Everyone also got a map, not the clearest but ok for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Peterx

topcat77 wrote: »

I think it's one of the best races in the country.
    The level of marking is part of the CLEC, as you say they are running it for 10 years now and we know what to expect - fantastic course, great atmosphere, good after race food and party and at least two hen parties in PJ's.
    The racing is always close, the locals have a slight advantage in knowing the area but that's only fair.
    You'll know for next year whether or not the CLEC level of marking is suited to your needs, in fairness depending on your sporting background it might have seemed sparse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭topcat77

I did the 10k sports tarmac and managed to get around alright. The majority of the people I talked to especially the 4k run had some sort of mishap in getting around. I will take this opportunity to thank any of the organizers or helpers that are reading this for a great day out :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

This is one the best adventure races, not just for the racing but for the great mountain bike trails, and the general good fun and craic from the event. I think every year I've done it something has gone wrong, somebody has taken a wrong turn, last year one of the markers was taken down and loads of teams were going around in circles for ages. I was very dissappointed to miss it this year but out of all the other ar races that are on - this is my favourite. What other race do you get to see the race orgranisers (the McCabes) race in their own race. They changed the format this year so not sure how that worked out for the overall running of the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 volcanicash

I did the 4k tarmac this year, first time doing clec. Got lost a few times on the course. Along with most of the 4k people on the first run. I'd be more used to events with marshals at junctions with potential for going astray. Bit of a learning experience, but get it now. Don't follow the person ahead blindly. Saw a few tarmac people heading off on the mtb route later on the course. Anyway, I thought it was great event overall, once i got the hang of finding my own way around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

i too was happy with the event all except the results. some of the people who did the 4k race ended in the 10 k results and had an advantage of going 5 min early which gave them an unfair advantage thus costing some others prize places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mymojo

7hrs 46mins....long story!!! and long day! great fun though!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

At least the event got some sort of media coverage. During a news report on dissidents or the recent explosive find in that area, something like that anyway, you could spot a couple of competitors on their MTBs in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

mymojo wrote: »
    7hrs 46mins....long story!!! and long day! great fun though!:eek:

I knew you'd eventually crack and admit you enjoyed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mymojo

haha!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭DK man

I too did the 4k tarmac which was more like an 8k!!!!! We were running around the woods like a pack of lost sheep... there was a y where we should have taken a right instead of the left vere - I was least prepared for the run only 4 training sessions so this was painful on the old sticks..

But apart from that I really enjoyed the day even though I couldn't hang about for the afters... 50yoyos probably a bit expensive in these recessionary times...

Will have another crack next year hopefully;)

Advertisement