Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockranny house hotel to Westport town centre??

Options
  • 11-07-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi guys, as in my thread title, could anyone give me an idea of how far in walking distance is Knockranny house hotel, to Westport centre?

Just for the few pints of an evening, would rather have them in a local, rather than the hotel bar etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's a 10/15 minute walk into town downhill. And a nice uphill climb on the way back ;)

Taxis wont be a problem though, they'll get you one at reception

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Thanks Slashermcgurk! good plan to do it on foot one way, and taxi the other! Depending on the guinness intake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Knockranny is a real gem of a hotel, I'd recommend you take a taxi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

About ten minutes to walk from hotel to bottom of Bridge St. Pleasant down hill walk. Agree taxi back best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

what is the nearest,cheaper hotel to knockranny hotel? will be there later this year dont fancy paying out for a room i wont get much use out of:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Castlecourt ( owned by same family - Corcorans ) may have cheaper rates.

Around the centre of the town CLew Bay, Wyatt, Mill Times offer good rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

nuac wrote: »
    Castlecourt ( owned by same family - Corcorans ) may have cheaper rates.

Around the centre of the town CLew Bay, Wyatt, Mill Times offer good rates.

Yeah had a few beers in there last year, seemed like a nice place....though not in the same league as knockranny. The Spa in Knockranny is amazing, my hard job involves staying in Ireland's Best Hotels....and that certainly is one of them.

Advertisement