Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our New Website

Options
  • 11-07-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

We recently set up a new website for our club. Its basic enough but will be a nice place to share pics for the club.

Just thought i'd share to see what you think. Have ye any idea's how to improve?

www.csaac.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's not bad for a first take on it, but the key to a useful website for your club members is to update the content regularly; and you might find after a while that having something a bit more complex on the backend of the website (such as Wordpress - Joomla or Drupal are handy as well, but far more complicated to learn and a darn sight more than you need until you want to start taking online bookings or stuff like that) will actually make that enormously easier.

But for now, just focus on putting up news and keeping it up to date with the system you have. If, after a few months, there's still interest, then push on to something more complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Antoennis wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

We recently set up a new website for our club. Its basic enough but will be a nice place to share pics for the club.

Just thought i'd share to see what you think. Have ye any idea's how to improve?

www.csaac.net

Well done and best of luck to ye for the future:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Well done, lads.
    Fair play - It's great to see a gun club out there on the interweb.:)
    dC

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Well done, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Thanks for the all the replies lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Well done.

is that a heron with a big ass pike in his gob? - great photo.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Antoennis

Keep the site interesting and the news updated and you will have a winner.
    Looks like you are in need contest for a club motto, maybe something along the lines of Res ipsa loquitur. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the endeavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Very good Antoennis, well done, I shot up there about 20 year ago around a major bog and it was full of snipe a lovely area.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    It's not bad for a first take on it, but the key to a useful website for your club members is to update the content regularly; and you might find after a while that having something a bit more complex on the backend of the website (such as Wordpress - Joomla or Drupal are handy as well, but far more complicated to learn and a darn sight more than you need until you want to start taking online bookings or stuff like that) will actually make that enormously easier.

But for now, just focus on putting up news and keeping it up to date with the system you have. If, after a few months, there's still interest, then push on to something more complex.

I put up a club website through bravenet and havent updated in a while, you now have me planning an hour or two. Id say I cant even remember the passwords

Well, most hosting companies will be able to install wordpress with two or three clicks; and if that sounds like too much trouble, go to www.wordpress.com and you can get a free site with wordpress installed, so you could have http://randomshootingclub.wordpress.com for no money and no technical effort and then you can chuck stuff up onto it with the same kind of webpage you use for posting in here.

(meaning that if you can post in here, you can post content there just as easily, you don't need a techie to help).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

website looks good lads,best of luck with the whole thing,just keep updating the site with new info,firearm safety,tip for neewbies etc and maybe some links to other clubs and dealers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Hi Lads,

www.csaac.net

Am I missing something here? The link brings me here.......

120663.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Same as that PandB. Thats what i keep getting:(

I'd say it's just a whoopsie lads, the site was grand when I went there at the start of the thread....

Thanks for all the replies lads. I have had to take the site down as a couple of memebers had a problem with it. We are going to have a meeting about it on Friday night. I really think they are full of sh*t but have to go with it.

Just remember the GAA debate surrounding the first televising of GAA matches Antoennis - people were utterly convinced that television would destroy the GAA within a year or two.

Yap and the same people that complain are the ones that never do anything. Ask them to look after hoppers, vermin traps or anything nope can't do that. They have fecken time enough to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Yap and the same people that complain are the ones that never do anything. Ask them to look after hoppers, vermin traps or anything nope can't do that. They have fecken time enough to complain.

Every club is exactly the same :rolleyes:

Yup. We used to have a guideline that if you were complaining, you were expected to either have an idea and/or be willing to step up to fix the problem...

Sparks wrote: »
    Yup. We used to have a guideline that if you were complaining, you were expected to either have an idea and/or be willing to step up to fix the problem...

Good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement