Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc Management Consultancy

Options
  • 11-07-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Got offered a place in Man Consulting for next year and am just wondering if anyone here has done it!? Just wana see wat ppl thoght of it and if they got a job in the end! Also any1 startin it in sept shoud post too!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sm171

Did you do this course? How did you find it? Thinking of doing it in Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hey, I am currently in the summer semester of the course. Is there anything specific that you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sm171

Hi Lucky,

I was just wondering as a non-business graduate, (law graduate) will the course be difficult? Is it very intensive?

What are the job prospects do you think? Impossible question I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

sm171 wrote: »
    Hi Lucky,

I was just wondering as a non-business graduate, (law graduate) will the course be difficult? Is it very intensive?

What are the job prospects do you think? Impossible question I know!

As a business graduate i cannot say how difficult it would be for you. Some of the modules are heavily theory based so you won't have to worry about doing accounts, or anything maths related. I don't think it should impact you at all as alot of the material is business acumen + common sense.

The modules this year were:
    Economic foundations of strategy - great one - A+ lecturer - by far best part of the course imo
    You have two modules focused on managing change in the workplace which is heavily theory based .Great lecturer again , subject is abit boring tho :(

The best part of the course is that you get effectively two internships.

Second semester, 1 module is completing a consultancy project for a company which is great experience.

You have a project management module as well which is fairly easy I thought.

Summer semester , you get an internship for 10 weeks. This counts as 2 modules . You then get to pick from about 4-5 for the last optional module

The 2 Internships give you a good chance of getting a decent job offer if you impress, I know some who got to work for deloitte ,IBM etc while others got stuck with company's that had no intention of hiring due to their small size/ type.

Overall, Their is some great internships offered but also some horrible ones.
    The course is heavily team focused so for every module you will have group projects to do, some will be more time consuming than others.Problems can arise depending on the quality of group members also.

If you like i can send you some of the stuff we done throughout the year so you can get a better understanding on what kind of work you will be doing.

Job prospects really depend on the person. The consulting industry is booming so alot of companies are hiring. It will be up to you to impress them and be proactive about getting a job at the end of it.

Or you might be lucky and have one land one your lap :p

If you want to know anything specific , feel free to pm me.

Advertisement