Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina Salmon Festival, Is there/Was there one?

Options
  • 11-07-2010 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi was there a Ballina Salmon Festival this year? Here today but don't see much life in the town? was it canceled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

alex73 wrote: »
    Hi was there a Ballina Salmon Festival this year? Here today but don't see much life in the town? was it canceled.

it ended last night with the fireworks display.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

You didn't miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

It was brought forward this year for some reason.
    The festival organisers have shot themselves in the foot this year. Normally a lot of northern visitors come to this festival and especially a lot of families. Not many around this year as the kids dont finish school.
    Personally I think its too long drawn out. A shorter festival might be considered especially in these recessionary times. An awful lot of people in the town are out of work so dont know where the organisers think the people have the money to go out every night and support the various activities.
    Even Heritage night was an awful lot quieter than other years. The weather did not help as the crowds watching the fireworks was much smaller than in previous years.
    I know an awful lot of people put in tremendous efforts into the festival but maybe a scaled down version might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Enniscrone has the Black Pig Festival August 5th - 9th. check it out on Enniscroneonline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Speaking of Pigs....I heard that Quinns roasted pig on the spit, on heritage day went down a treat. It sold out fast too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement