Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This made me sad....

• 11-07-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Ok ok..... Move along... Nothing to see

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Whoops.... Delete button?? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Heh. Serves him right, he was a bit in their faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Heh. Serves him right, he was a bit in their faces.

Really? Is that not what he's paid €800-€2000 to do? I'd call it doing his job and having a really, really, really, really sh1t day.......€10k maybe (with 2 full frame bodies and 2x 2.8 lenses) gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

his kit survived, as was posted elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It did?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Wasn't that an assumption that it had survived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Wasn't that an assumption that it had survived?

Nope, it was the top comment made on the original YouTube video that everything survived ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've had my 85mm 1.8 roll into the canal before fishing it out after about 1 minute. sent it off, got the elements chemically cleaned, all the electrics were perfect, the electronics perfect and the lens came back 100% perfect. Maybe it was the fact it was holy water?

Nope, it was the top comment made on the original YouTube video that everything survived ok

Well I've seen comments on youtube that are top but that doesn't necessarily mean they're true...

I highly doubt the 5D MKI/MKII survived it, they're not weather proof?

• Advertisement

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Well I've seen comments on youtube that are top but that doesn't necessarily mean they're true...

I highly doubt the 5D MKI/MKII survived it, they're not weather proof?

Sorry, I meant to say it was the description that goes with the video, rather than a random comment

Sorry, I meant to say it was the description that goes with the video, rather than a random comment

ah right, my bad! Happy ending then I guess :)

Ricky91t wrote: »
    ah right, my bad! Happy ending then I guess :)

I certainly hope so anyway :)

I could have been a little clearer with my first post though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Again, he was an idiot. He obviously passed by the low fountain on the way in - you'd make a mental note 'must watch that when shooting backwards down aisle' - also, did he need that many shots of them walking? You'd think with equipment like that you couldn't really go wrong, fire off a few - you just need one with them both eyes opened. And yeah, he was a bit in their faces, he's a photographer hired to do a job sure - but give them a bit of feckin' space - they just made the biggest mistake of their lives!!! :D

Again, he was an idiot. He obviously passed by the low fountain on the way in - you'd make a mental note 'must watch that when shooting backwards down aisle' - also, did he need that many shots of them walking? You'd think with equipment like that you couldn't really go wrong, fire off a few - you just need one with them both eyes opened. And yeah, he was a bit in their faces, he's a photographer hired to do a job sure - but give them a bit of feckin' space - they just made the biggest mistake of their lives!!! :D

You're joking right?

You know it's not the equipment that helps, there's a number of things, that would make me what to get multiple photos.

First the expressions, yes you want their eyes open but there's a lot more.

Just google "bad facial expression" if you're put off by any of them than that probably means the client will be and therefore you want more than just their eyes open.

Then there's the lighting you're not going to get the lighting from the windows all along the isle, maybe there's five windows each one giving nice natural light, you have five attempts to get the perfect shot why would you shoot yourself in the foot and not attempt all of them.

Then there's the background, yes there's photoshop but it'll take a long time to get it perfect, it would be much better to keep shooting, till the end reducing the chance of a bad background, maybe a child picking their nose or something that wouldn't look to nice.

He's in their faces, yes. But they've hired him to do that, he needs as many photo's as possible, so if he's in their faces at least they'll have a nice shot of the two of them and not them, the isle, the church, all the people there etc. I'm sure him being in their faces doesn't bother them as it means they'll have many more "memories" at the end of the wedding.

It was unlucky that he fell into that, but he's doing his job and probably a good one too.

Oh sorry, forgot to say I'm not an expert - clearly you are ;)

He failed to notice the font on way in, that's pure silliness, it just is.

Oh sorry, forgot to say I'm not an expert - clearly you are ;)

He failed to notice the font on way in, that's pure silliness, it just is.

Lol I'm not either, I've just shot a few event's and have cursed myself when I didn't get enough photos and only have "meh" kinda ones.

Yeah that was a bit stupid, It's kind of rude that the bride or groom didn't point it out, or help him :pac:

I've taken bursts of shots like that too, at gigs and family functions [where it's impossible to get everyone to look at once, drunken fools!] - So I get that, but he must have taken 20 shots along the aisle , using flash and good camera. Better off to get nicer posed shots outside the church, would have saved him the grief/expense! And yeah, they could have said 'erm, watch your back there mate" :D

Advertisement