Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Point or Doughmore or Lahinch camping

• 11-07-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Sorry I know camping in Lahinch has been asked before but am just checking up on the new facilities at Ocean View Caravan and Camp site.

I'm know new camping facilities have been built and had seen a couple of bad threads about the pitching site for the tents while these renovations were going on. Is the new area better protected from high winds or closer to the road. I'd prefer less traffic noise then anything else.

If anyone can let me know, plan to head down camping next weekend and am thinking here or Spanish point or Doughmore. If anyone has any recommendations for here, it'd be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

No campsite in Doughmore. But you could pitch a tent beside the public car park at the south end of the beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

There's a camping site at Spanish Point opposite Lahiffe's shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 naine

Thanks for the feedback. Lahiffs will be an option as well, saw Strand Camping in Doonbeg. What's that like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thats a campsite up towards the White Strand. Ok spot about 2kms from the village, turn right by the church. It's about halfway between the village and the White Strand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Pebbles82

Rip Off Republic. may as well camp in a random field for free. I stayed in this camp site July 2011 and the term "rip off republic" came to mind....we camped and paid €10 each so they got €50 for 1 tent, for the night off us!! More fool us I know but it was late and we were heading to a trad festival. the toilets had no toilet paper and were a disgrace. like an old public toilet. for the price we paid they were keen to point out that included the use of the facilities....but failed to mention at a price..€2 for a luke warm shower and the joy of buying the toilet paper off them.No cooking facilities....:mad: quick to collect the money but slow to provide the goods! oh and an electric fence separating "camp field" from cows..ouch :( Just have a walk around before you part with you money

• Advertisement
Advertisement