Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courgettes

Options
  • 11-07-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

This is the first courgette I've ever grown, I'm happy with it. I have six plants so I'm going to be eating a lot of courgettes. I didn't grow the banana, it's there for scale:D
    courgette.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Very nice, I'm very partial to courgettes. Bit odd that the banana is straighter than the courgette ;) Did you know that marrows are just grown up courgettes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 haze,

Fantastic!! Hope it tasted as good as it looks. I keep picking off my corgettes when they're finger length but I think you've inspired me to leave them for a while!! How long did it take to grow to that size?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Planted seeds in open ground mid-April. The plants really took off four weeks ago. I put plastic bags on the ground around the plant base to keep them moist. That courgette appeared about ten days ago but tripled in size this week.

Had it with broad beans and roasted tomato sauce, damn tasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

looksee wrote: »
    Very nice, I'm very partial to courgettes. Bit odd that the banana is straighter than the courgette ;)

It's an EU banana ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

here are some of my courgettes... normally chop some out when no more than 6 inches long, the one with banana is a foot long! Have 24 plants so some dont get spotted in time:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm growing courgettes for the first time this year and I'm delighted with the results. Yesterday I used some to make a ratatouille :)

Advertisement