Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get work as a graduate?

Options
  • 11-07-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently finished college with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and am considering my options. One of them is a move to Australia to obtain work, hopefully in engineering, although I am aware this may be difficult. What is the easiest way to go about this? I am specifically interested in the fields of aerospace and aeronautical engineering.

I read about something called the Professional Year which sounded promising, until I realised it costs $13,000 and you have to work unpaid for up to 20 weeks :rolleyes: how anyone affords this I don't know...

Obviously I wouldn't mind working in any kind of job as I look for an engineering one, I'm just looking for info on how to get started? All the visa categories seem to require lots of experience. Thanks if anyone can be of any help, even if it's to tell me the situation is futile! :D

Advertisement