Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube Not working In ireland??

• 11-07-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone lately Noticed youtube is slow and sometimes videos wont load i asked my friend who lives in Naas and he said youtube is not working for him either And i asked a friend in Britain he said his was working! So whats going on Is eircom up to something again. This is annoying this has been Happening past 4 days or so And sometimes the website never loads and The videos wont play And it is very slow! and youtube is working in britain as far as i know So is youtube not working for everyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Working fine for me, Maybe is just an issue with your isp?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

It used to happen with me. Its to do with the processor in computers. Use google chrome instead of internet explorer and it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

im on o2 mobile broadband with 4/5 coverage nd youtube takes hours to load! no better on chrome:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Fine on my 8 year old laptop, even HD youtube perfect.
    No go faster spying Chrome needed.
    Fine IE7 and FF 3.6

It's your connection/ISP/Home Network/ tired hamsters whatever. Mobile only supports about 2 YT viewers on a sector. Or maybe none to one at "HD". Typically three sectors per mast/cell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭JDxtra

RobitTV wrote: »
    i asked my friend who lives in Naas and he said youtube is not working for him either
    Well if it's not working in Nass, then the whole of Ireland must be offline! :eek: :)

As Watty says, it's more than likely an issue with your PC, home network or ISP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hock4321

same problem here, i was thinking eircom too as it's happening on two laptops both up to date and all, and its starting to happen on one or two other flash based websites too.

just tried the same youtube vid on eircom and an o3 dongle
    eircom won't load and the o3 is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

It's been happening to me on and off over the past few days too. Really annoying. Some sites like Facebook and IGN also have slow loading issues. I'm wondering if it's something to do with Eircom upgrading the network although this reminds me of the time they were suffering from DNS problems.

I'm on the Waterford City exchange if anyone else here is having problems too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

No problems here. But i'm not on Eircom network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

youtube seems fine here tough with 3 it goes to youtube uk for some reason still no probs maybe its just your area??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Useful site for questions like this.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Oh, and ever since Youtube was taken over by Google, they've been slow to upgrade capacity to deal with the ever increasing user base. The result is that at certain times of the day, the servers get swamped and videos don't play, to stop loading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If it was broken earlier and started to work properly in the past hour or two (give your modem a restart), odds are it was due to a problem that eircom have had in their core network since friday morning and has just been tweeked. It was affecting all non-llu based dsl services for all ISPs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

crossy wrote: »
    It used to happen with me. Its to do with the processor in computers. Use google chrome instead of internet explorer and it should work.
    You sounds like a man who knows what he's talking about:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Was happening here too, most videos wouldn't load all weekend, but all good this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Useful site for questions like this.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Oh, and ever since Youtube was taken over by Google, they've been slow to upgrade capacity to deal with the ever increasing user base. The result is that at certain times of the day, the servers get swamped and videos don't play, to stop loading.

Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source for that? My understanding is since Google bought them they've had much better bandwidth / peering than anyone else. I mean, if you had to choose who to blame for network issues, would it be Google or Eircom?

Would they be doing this if they had a capacity issue? http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/07/whats-bigger-than-1080p-4k-video-comes.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

maclek wrote: »
    Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source for that? My understanding is since Google bought them they've had much better bandwidth / peering than anyone else. I mean, if you had to choose who to blame for network issues, would it be Google or Eircom?

Would they be doing this if they had a capacity issue? http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/07/whats-bigger-than-1080p-4k-video-comes.html

Due to the nature of my work, I have spies in most major companies who know things and aren't shy about sharing :D

Actually, just people/friends I've worked with who are now in Google.

Advertisement