Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from MMA forum

Options
  • 11-07-2010 11:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

I seriously don’t know where to start here apologies for the long post.

I appreciate that mods may not been interested in the sport either.

Last Saturday the UFC had probably their biggest show of the year with Brock Lesnar returned to fight on the card. The live megathread watching the show was a really fun time however the morning after on a few posters including one mod cozwerp claimed the fight was fixed which started a long lasting argument between posters mostly displaying disgust at these groundless claims especially coming from a mod. In addition to that for the next few days one poster in particular blatantly broke a number of the rules in the charter whether it is claiming the fight was fixed, claiming Lesnar was on drugs for the fight, bashing the fighter, flaming me and general trolling. Most occurrences I would report would only result in a mild warning. Only for that same one poster to return to the exact same style of posting over and over for the duration of a week. Which lead to me throwing my hands up at the situation in this thread Sunday morning as I was tired of reporting that poster and asking that poster poster-to-poster in threads to please knock off posts trolling me:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66856411&postcount=77

I don’t want cowerzp to get in trouble over this as prior to this point I thought he was a very fair mod and someone who is very interested in the development of Irish MMA both on and outside of boards. But a number of posters have questioned his modship over this issue within the past week. I think his dislike for Brock Lesnar and me liking him has badly clouded his thinking over handling this one poster. As he let this one poster’s abusive and trolling comments slide over and over. When I reported them he said in one correspondence that I was only reporting that one poster as I disagreed with his position on Brock rather than him breaking any rules which is a comment I take real annoyance in especially being a long term poster there. If people disagreeing with me was the issue I would have reported plenty more posters than just the one I did believe me. The MMA forum was probably one the more non-partisan, moderate MMA forums on the net especially compared to one American forum called Sherdog prior to the last week or so and I vented my frustration at what it was turning in to.

I was banned for trolling and backseat modding I wish to have this ban over turned.

Additionally I was banned for trolling but despite asking cowerzp has supplied me with one example of trolling.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In before "Have you PMed the Cat-mods"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's the usual boards thing of one rule for mods and one rule for everyone else. Both parties were being somewhat picky and not giving an inch, but one person of the parties was a mod so guess what happened.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There's a process for resolving grievances like this, and it doesn't involve the Feedback forum. rovert, contact the category moderators, and if you don't get the situation resolved to your satisfaction, start a Help Desk thread.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What Oscar Said ---^

--

To be fair, the mod contacted me to ensure he wasn't being partisan. Two parties got banned. Rovert, you are no angel and ignored instructions to stop the "argument" with the other user and ignored it.

You shouldn't get targetted for having disagreed with a mod in the past, but you also shouldn't get special treatment. Both you and the other poster were banned for 10 days to cool off. You need to stop backseat modding to.

Thats all I have to say, and I'm in there a lot as you know. :)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement